Artistic Bling

size of cutter for wall art

Hi I have a 24in GCC expert cutter and I would like to get into doing wall art along with my t-shirts and decals. Would I need anything larger the a 24in. I would like to do home wall art and kids. I don't know if some wall art would be wider then 24in Any info on wall art would be great I have been trying to find a wall art forum but there isn't one. Would somebody like to start a area about wall art Pleeeeeeeeeeease. :rolleyes:

Thank you Susan

• Like 4

Most any decals can be tiled to be larger. Just do them in sections. Decals can also be applied in sections and cut in sections.

Only YOU would know if you need a bigger cutter. . Wall art is anything you put on the wall., ......Text to designs. If I make a large semi design and put it on the wall, does that make it Wall art? It's just a decal/.text/ whatever you want.... mostly done in Oracal 631 so that it does not remove the paint when peeling off again...

How large is the wall?

A 50" cutter is probably overkill, especially considering that handling such wide pieces of vinyl is not easy (weeding and app taping).

In my opinion, a 34" sized cutter would be better for you than the 24"

For sure, 30" vinyl is reasonably simple to work with on a table, and you can obtain very nice large designs that fill empty spaces on walls.

When you 'tile' larger wall graphics/words/art, do you overlap the seams or do you butt them flush? Thank you...

Thank you everyone for you input. I am still unsure because my decals and t-shirts will be sold on a online store so I will not be doing the installations. So I think for know I will stick with the 24in cutter.

Thanks again Susan