asimpleimpression

won't cut CURSIVE and makes STRAY diagonal cuts

anyone... please HELP- I'm beyond frustrated!

I'm unable to get my cutter to cut a cursive font. On the attached picture, things was the last word- it cut fine until the s. On other phrases, it won't even make it to the end. There is no consistency that I can figure out.

It will get going, then randomly stop and cut a diagonal line through rest of the vinyl- wasting a ton. I can't pause my machine, or get it to stop without turning it off. I've read everything about using a USB cord (unfortunately I can't change to a serial but I have re-installed drivers, changed cords), static (pretty sure it's not this) and sunlight (it's not in the light).

It cuts any and all block fonts just fine but will not cut any cursive font. I've even tried welding some, then not- makes no difference. I've tried more than 10 different cursive fonts (free and purchased), none will work.

I've even tried cutting lettering without welding it to see if something was wrong there- didn't make a difference, still cut off and wigged out before finishing the letters.

COPAM 2500

Signcut Productivity Pro (updated)

Inkscape (updated to latest version)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Danke,

Sheila

post-866-0-17741300-1346427399.jpg

• Like 1

a keyspan adapter is the way to go to change to a serial. and highly recommended. Just showing as an example..

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c0999baa2

there is no picture.... try using the pen, until you get things going. ,,,,then you won't waste vinyl

You don't say what type of operating system you are using. So have your tried Signblazer? You can download it right here on the forum. It's FREE... See if you get the same results...

Thank you, Mz Skeeter for the reply and suggestions. I've always used Inkscape because I've never had troubles. I am using WIndows as well. I've now downloaded Signblazer and working to figure it out.

I'm looking for an adapter as well that is the right end to go into my cutter. I'm living in Germany now where not much is convenient. I'll probably end up ordering it.

The fact that it cuts print just fine and is so random with where it goes crazy is what I can't figure out.

I'll take all suggestions!

Thank you!