Sign in to follow this  
danshill

First time user

Hi,

I am new to vinyl cutting and just recently got my MH721 vinyl cutter with SignBlazer.

I haven't used it yet as I am a bit nervous that it wont cut properly. I have put a jpeg into inkscape and traced the bitmap to make it as a vector and this looks fine. I then save this as an eps file and open in SignBlazer. When open in SB the edges aren't smooth so i'm sure if I do cut the edges will come out jagged.

Any tips?

Thanks

Danny

I have a tip ---- open your Signblazer, go to DRAW menu, select Library, and then drag&drop an item from there.

Cut that for practice, to see how it goes.

Let's take baby steps, before we jump into vectorizing bitmaps and correcting nodes.

Fair enough?

If you want, you can post the .eps file in question and I will take a look at it. It is probably fine however. Signblazer

does display images in low resolution which can make objects appear to be rough but when cut the object cuts

fine.

• Like 1

If you want, you can post the .eps file in question and I will take a look at it. It is probably fine however. Signblazer

does display images in low resolution which can make objects appear to be rough but when cut the object cuts

fine.

MB is right most any image will look like it has bad edges due to the low resolution of the program... Try cutting a small one I am willing to bet it will be ok...

Some times I just open the cutting window and look at it, this will let you know how it will look. Just my 2c.

The visual resolution in SignBlazer leaves a lot to be desired. What the screen looks like is usually much worse than what will cut.