RHConcepts

Anyone use a network Print Server with Signcut?

I was thinking of putting my Copam on a print server so I can cut through the network. I seen this guy but not sure if they work with cutters. Has anyone tried it and if so what brand of print server did you use.

Thanks

In case anyone wants to know if it worked or not, it did not :( Im sure some do but the one listed above did not work for me.

Hello.

This is Therese at SignCut Sweden. I don't think we have tried to use that device that you are refering to but it is possible to cut with a cutting plotter connected over a shared network. Below you have the steps you should go through to set up a shared cutter.

To setup a shared cutter with signcut.

1. On the computer where the cutter is connected, go to controlpanel->printer and add a new printer.

2. Choose the correct port and then choose the Manufacturer "Generic" and the Model "Generic / Text Only".

3. When the printer has been added, rename it to something you can identify then right-click on it and share it on your local network.

4. If the cutter is connected through serial-port or USB->serial port. Go to computer-management and setup the ports communication parameters. (Baud/Handshake etc)

5. On the computer that's gonna use the shared cutter, make sure it finds the shared cutter and choose it as Device in SignCut.

6. Now when you cut out the data will be sent to the shared cutter.

I hope this will help you in the right direction.

Regards,

Therese Löfström