snapchris

New SC Series Bad Cuts or No Cuts :(

Windows 7

Flexisign 8.1 & Tried SignCut

Drivers from the website

Serial Connection

Grounded to stand

Blade barely sticking out

I just received my cutter, hooked it up and tested it. Speed 400 and force at 100. It cuts nothing in the vinyl. If I adjust the force to 400 it drags the blade and cuts very uneven. Real deep on one side and nothing on the other end but it still leaves drag marks. Any other settings, I either get no cut in the vinyl or the same uneven cuts. Could there be something wrong with the blade arm not going up and down? It doesnt seem to move at all. Ive tried everything that I can think of. Please help.

make sure the carriage head is firmly in the track.. Did you adjust the blade to the vinyl manually,? So that it is only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.? I have posted how, to many times to count. Make sure cutting strip is down all the way across. Flexi8.1 is hit or miss with windows 7. was not even compatible with Vista until version Flexi 8.5.

Yes carriage head is firmly in track. I manually adjusted the blade. I used to own a Graphtec years ago. Cutting strip is fine. So you think it could be Flexi? I did the same thing in SignCut as well.

No,, I am not blaming Flexi,,8.1 just making a statement. So, how did you manually adjust the blade? Sure sounds like a blade problem to me. You should have stayed with the Graphtec. I love mine.

I spent a pretty penny on the Graphtec in 06. In 09 I had to sell it to help pay some bills. I wish I never got rid of it. It was awesome.

I set it. Cut the the vinyl by hand until it just marks the backing paper. The blade is set very low. Barely peeking out.

I spent a pretty penny on the Graphtec in 06. In 09 I had to sell it to help pay some bills. I wish I never got rid of it. It was awesome.

I set it. Cut the the vinyl by hand until it just marks the backing paper. The blade is set very low. Barely peeking out.

maybe give the blade a bit more length... Does the test cuts cut fine? If that don't work ,,contact tech support tomorrow

just tried that. same thing. test cuts dont work either. Either it doesnt cut deep enough or its dragging. Looks like Im gonna have to call.

is there a certain vertical position the arm should be in? Like all the way up or down? that seems weird to me. And also the amount of force seems off as well.

when the arm is up it wont cut anything, even with close to maximum force. thats why I think the arm is not fuctioning at all.

Make sure there is not something blocking your cutting head. Like packageing or tape.

Unfortunately I dont. I just have that old version of flexi 8.1, signcut and corel draw X5.

What do you mean by software setting?