BrianMaruska

Scuffs and scratches/pitting in my vinyl when I open up a shipment..

After a few successful orders through both eBay and USCutter's website. I am overall very happy with the service, selection, and price.

However, the last two shipments I have got have been damaged in some way or another. The shipment I received today, one of the rolls I ordered was not protected or wrapped in anyways (not sure if it's unusual or not) but I found a large two inch brown scuff on a pink roll of vinyl. That's never a good sign ;).

In my last shipment, on a brand new roll of silver GreenStar, there were large sections of pitting and scratches around the outside of the roll. I did email support about this and didn't get much reaction with exception of them saying it could have happened in production, shipping, or any other time a person handled the vinyl.

Just my two cents for now.. Maybe look for a local supplier ;) just kidding.

I find no matter where you get vinyl that scuffs and scratches usually occur in shipping of the vinyl..If its been shipped chances are you will lose the outside layer or two of the vinyl due to such reasons..I order several 100's of yards each month of vinyl and banner materials...Even banner material thats wrapped with protectant still you lose the first foot or so...Most of the time in my experience the rolls are longer than what you paid for and cutting and tossing a foot or yard of materials no big loss...

Now with that said..If the pitting and scuffing is down in the roll then you have a real problem...Then get support involved and get it replaced...But scuff and such on the outside is just the lesser of the evils involved in shipping and handling

Your going to find, your going to get scuffing and scratches on vinyl around your own house/shop. it happens.. Count on it.

I haven't noticed a problem with scuffs/scratches. I did notice a roll of Oracal vinyl I order was rolled very poorly. It's like someone moved it left and right while rolling it up. The second roll in the same package was fine. Not sure if its a USCutter thing or Oracal thing.