Seaco

Newby needs help choosing a cutter?

It is Serial and Parallel connections no USB I am trying to sort out an old laptop to connect it to at the moment what software do you use Signcut, Artcut etc?

Also can't seem to find drivers for it are they on this site do you know?

Very helpful Skeeter but am I missing it I still couldn't find a driver for the cutter I could only see a USB one sorry for being thick it must be there?

From USCUTTER~SUPPORT

* Parallel Port (25pin cable)

In most cases, the parallel port will work simply by connecting the cable and setting up the SignBlazer software to cut/ plot through the LPT1 port. Be sure to use the cable that came with the cutter, and not an extended cable. If you have connection issues you can try the following steps:

1) Verify all cables are connected properly and try rebooting the computer and cutter.

2) Uninstall or disable all printer drivers that might be using the LPT1 port. This can be done under Printer & Faxes on Windows based machines. You WILL NOT see this cutter/ plotter listed in printer & faxes, but since it uses a driver through the cutting software, any other installed devices that used the LPT1 port could cause interference.

3) No other devices or switchboxes should be connected, or daisy chained to the parallel port.

4) Change your parallel port mode to ECP if it is not already. This is done in your computers BIOS and is not recommended for novice users.

* Serial Port (9pin cable)

Simply connect the cable to your computer from the cutter and set the SignBlazer software to cut/ plot through the COM1 port. If that does not work, you may need to try COM2 if you have had other devices hooked up to the serial port in the past.

Thank you for the replies, noise isn't going to be a problem as it will probably be situated in my little workshop outside. I am glad the MH will cut Mylar I was given a MH721 with the motherboard hanging out and I had to repair some frayed wires and it all fired up and I pressed the Test button and it went through it's thing but the cutter head doesn't seem to raise and lower so I think something must be amiss but I'm no electrician to know what's wrong and parts don't seem to be to easy to find even if I knew what had gone wrong?

As for a cutting strip I see the previous owner had put masking tape along where the cutter blade travels would this do the same job as you can guess I haven't had or used a plotter cutter before?

Lee

the tape will work in a pinch but if it sticks to the vinyl at all it could slow or even move the vinyl and offset your cuts. as for the parts uscutter should stock most all of them just give them a call and they can help you get the part you need to get the old one up and running again.

New chips arrived today to solve the cutter lifting problem but unfortunately it didn't so I'm now running out of ideas, looks I've got a 30lb paperweight at the moment?

Lee... :mellow: