Sign in to follow this  
gohartman

Error...now what?

Ok, I was just cutting an hour ago and all was well and now everytime I try to cut it says there was an error initializing cutter and that it cannot open the output device....Help!!!!!!

if yiu are connected with USB...unplug the cable at the cutter and plug it back in again. See what happens

I tried that and it didn't do a thing. I've also checked to see if it's set up right and all that and my computer is recognizing it so I really don't know what the problem is. One minute it worked, the next it didn't.

It is a good idea to press the reset button on the cutter after each successful cut. Only takes a few seconds, and it clears the buffer memory.

I tried cutting again and it did the same thing so I'm not sure if it's a USB problem or what. Is there anyone who is happy with their cutter and has things up and going pretty well?

Yep, the majority of users are doing fine. You will mostly see users with issues here because it is a support forum after all. Did your cutter come with a Serial port, and if so, does your computer have a Serial port?

I had the same issues until I switched to serial connection. My USB kept dropping connection and locking up the machine. If you can use the serial connection.

Yes it did. I could try that. What all do I need to do besides just hooking it up to the computure and cutter?

No drivers need to be loaded when using the Serial port, just set SignBlazer to communicate through the COM1 port, or COM2....depending upon how many serial ports your computer has.