Sign in to follow this  
j_cutz

PCUT CT630 - I will appreciate any help given

Hi guys,

I joined the forum a few minutes ago, I started out with an introduction to say hello, but I could seriously do with some help.

I'm having so much trouble getting my machine to cut neatly - The problems vary, and can change each time I cut - the most irritating issue I have is the cut's not completing and leaving little 'tags'/'pigtails' (not sure of the proper term) mainly on my circles such as the letter 'O' - but recently it's been the letter 'U' aswell.

I've tried everything I can possibly think of, and searched far and wide on the internet to fix the problem.

I've tried the offset, new blades, overcut, blade pressure, how much the blade sticks out of the holder. I'm slowly giving up but I'm pretty sure it's operator error :(.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you.

Let's start with how far is your blade sticking out of the blade holder? You should barely see the tip. of the blade and feel the tip. Take the blade holder out of your machine and in your hand cut firmly across a piece of the vinyl you are going to cut. You should only be cutting the vinyl, and barely a mark in wax paper backing, Adjust the blade to get there. Put the blade holder back your machine and use the force on your cutter to get the same results. You have to start there first. Before adjusting your blade offset. which you didn't even state what it is set at.

Make sure the carriage head is firmly in the track.(the white wheels) no scrap pieces of vinyl in blade holder.

Hi Skeeter, thanks for the speedy reply.

My blade is only slightly sticking out, just less than half of a credit card? I have tried that technique after reading a post of yours when I first received the plotter. ATM my offset is set at 0.40 which was recommended by the blade supplier, I've tried it between 0.20 - 0.50. The vinyl I'm using is Oracal 651

I ought to mention that I'm using Signcut Pro via USB.

I've made sure the carriage head is on the track with all wheels positioned. Blade holder is free from any scrap vinyl which has also been oiled a tiny bit to help blade rotation.

Thanks.

Hi Skeeter, thanks for the speedy reply.

My blade is only slightly sticking out, just less than half of a credit card? I have tried that technique after reading a post of yours when I first received the plotter. ATM my offset is set at 0.40 which was recommended by the blade supplier, I've tried it between 0.20 - 0.50. The vinyl I'm using is Oracal 651

I ought to mention that I'm using Signcut Pro via USB.

Thanks.

what blade are you using? 45 degree? 60 degree? Is the design detailed, small text? what are you cutting?

Is this a new machine? or used?

I'm using a 60degree blade but also have 45 & 30.

The design is a simple website URL.

I would say it's small - Tahoma font - and in total the whole length is 5".

Used machine, only been used a handful of times apparently.

Cheers.

I would say it's small - Tahoma font - and in total the whole length is 5".

Cheers.

if you are trying to cut text under 1/2" tall with a pcut you will have problems, these

will not cut small text very well.

if you are trying to cut text under 1/2" tall with a pcut you will have problems, these

will not cut small text very well.

Hi,

I managed to cut the same URL at 4" wide so I'd say the letters were around half a CM and it cut neat, apart from a little tag inside the 'd'.

But now I can't seem to get it setup right. It has problems cutting letters which are a lot bigger too.

I tried it just and the 'O' I cut, start and end points didn't meet, it seems as the blade carried on round and cut into the letter....?

Could this be a blade holder issue? I have a small amount of play which means I can pull the blade in and out ever so slightly. So when the blade comes in contact with the vinyl it pushes it up that extra bit into the blade holder.

Thanks