The only overhead I have is the power used by my machine being that it's in a spare bedroom in our apartment.. Just wanted to kick that out.

All of these decals are easy to weed being that its a solid figure and letters/numbers for a local limo company.

4 - 15" x 17"

2 - 19" x 22"

2 - 20" x 6"

Installed. I charged $225. Your thoughts?

By my math you pretty much installed them for free.... ASSUMING you used just regular 651 or something similar...... What you have to look at is....

1 You didn't lose money

2 Did you make the customer happy?

3 Will you get more business from this in the future....

Considering you are doing this from home I would say you did alright.... Again assuming you didn't have to drive 100 miles for the install and assuming you weren't there for 10 hours doing this........

The only overhead I have is the power used by my machine being that it's in a spare bedroom in our apartment.. Just wanted to kick that out.

All of these decals are easy to weed being that its a solid figure and letters/numbers for a local limo company.

4 - 15" x 17"

2 - 19" x 22"

2 - 20" x 6"

Installed. I charged $225. Your thoughts?

What are your thoughts ? You had very little in vinyl and premask so if you are satisfied that is all that counts .

Dan

By my math you pretty much installed them for free.... ASSUMING you used just regular 651 or something similar...... What you have to look at is....

1 You didn't lose money

2 Did you make the customer happy?

3 Will you get more business from this in the future....

Considering you are doing this from home I would say you did alright.... Again assuming you didn't have to drive 100 miles for the install and assuming you weren't there for 10 hours doing this........

huh? That's inches, not feet. Maybe $50 in supplies at most..so how is he installing for free?

I would have charged around the $225 for the vinyl plus an install fee.... So by my math and the way I do it he charged properly for the vinyl but didn't charge an install fee.

To be more exact you have 14.555555.... square feet of vinyl.... at $12 a square it comes out at $174.67. Even if it is a simple design I would have charged at minimum $25. That puts it at just shy of $200 so..... The first time I just ran it in my head and threw a ballpark out there I knew I was close... I would say over all he did very well for having NO extra overhead but since I have a little more overhead than most and am in a market where most all the guys in my area either won't touch a job that small or can't handle a job that large I fall into the category of being able to charge a little more.... Without seeing how simple the design was or knowing how much time he had on the vectorizing I would say he charge good for the vinyl and his computer time but tossed in the install for free.... now when I first started out and was trying to get my name out there I probably would have done it all for the same $200 or so to get my name out there but now that I am established I can charge a little more and still beat my local competition.....

I hope this doesn't sound rude or cocky.... I just thought I would explain myself better and its been a long day......

• Like 1

That's a big mark-up on the vinyl.

Before I started cutting my own stuff I had a few things made for me and all the local shops the cheapest I found was $13.60 a square... Most of the guys around here use RichCal which has the same warranty and life of 651 and we pay $24 for a 24"x10yd roll..... free shipping.

Looks to me like 2 sets for a vehicle. Doors, rear window and windshield.

Talk with Customer, Design, Edits? Machine time, Weed and Mask.

Did you go to site or come to you?

Prep, clean, measure, install, clean up.

Drive home?

If your happy with your numbers that is all that matters. But I would of been about twice that for all the work involved.

I have just been using an 8 cents sq in. formula on things unless its a windshield decal then I charge $5.50 a foot.

I am happy with it. The guy only lives 2 miles up the road so it works out well. The decals are actually for three limos. One set for each and then the small decal goes in the back windows of another.

He also let me put a 4x10" logo and information of mine in each back window.

Cost wise, it's what maybe $8 worth of vinyl and mask? Maybe 3 hours of work. Sounds ok for a home hobby type business.

Before I started cutting my own stuff I had a few things made for me and all the local shops the cheapest I found was $13.60 a square... Most of the guys around here use RichCal which has the same warranty and life of 651 and we pay $24 for a 24"x10yd roll..... free shipping.

Where do you buy it at that price with free shipping?

My neck off the woods $20 in material based on 24" 651 and med tack pre mask for $220 yes I would do that all day! 1/2 hour install if they are all there at 1 time(rare).

Bonus he let you tag his limos, WOW!

• Like 1

I guess I will take what I can get.

You did well. There are lots of people out there who work a lot harder for a lot less.

• Like 3

Look at it this way, $8-10 in materials and maybe 2.5 hours total time production and install. If you could so the exact same and work only 30 hours a week, you would make 134,000 in a year after material costs. Not bad for a one man show.

• Like 1

You are in the ballpark, and everyone is happy that is a good deal anyway you look at it.

Overhead isn't just power...net, business insurance, supplies, hourly rate, business license, software that needs updated at one point, rent portion of your work area, wear and tear on machines etc

Working from home is no excuse to not charge a good strong price.

Howdy neighbor! I see those limo's lined up with what looks to be a Rapid City #! I have no comments on pricing, I am new, and I am learning just like you. I would say that with what I was quoted for my truck and just as simple, I was quoted $420 installed. So, I would venture to say your price was a little on the low end. But with the free advertising you get, that would make up for any shortage! Anyways, see ya around the forums or town! lol