RHConcepts

HELP can't cut need a work around

Let me give u a bit of background. I have the life time dongle and it works on my one computer but that computer is in another room. The cutting computer that I remote into to cut my files is the only one having the problems. If I open signcut with that computer and the dongle in, signcut crashes right away. So singcut gave me another code to use until they find out what is wrong but now that went into trail mode.

What I was thinking, but not sure how to do it. Is cut from the working computer thats in the other room and set the cutter up as shared on the other pc. It would be like sharing a printer from one pc to the other. Can you even do that ?

If so could you tell me how the share it, and I use USB. or if you know why this is crashing that would be even better. I tried it on another pc and it does the same thing. It only works with my one pc and I cant and wont move them around, thats not what I paid for :)

You could set the cutter up as a network cutter but I believe you would still have to have a working version of signcut on the other computer..... What about downloading Signblazer for the cutting computer and using that to import and cut your designs?

I tried Signblazer but I didnt like it much. I think I got it working but it still locks up sometimes.

You could set the cutter up as a network cutter but I believe you would still have to have a working version of signcut on the other computer..... What about downloading Signblazer for the cutting computer and using that to import and cut your designs?

Thanks for your input, I just tried SB again and its working fine. I even got it registered so now I like it even more :) It gets the job done but I think signcut was way better but I have to stop using it because it locks up on me.

To anyone that was thinking of using signcut pro, please dont let my problem change your mind. Signcut is a great cutting program with great support. My problem was with the dongle and a few of my computers. You only get the dongle if you purchase a lifetime subscription. And signcut does have a free trail download so give it a try if your looking for a cutting software.

Thanks for your input, I just tried SB again and its working fine. I even got it registered so now I like it even more :) It gets the job done but I think signcut was way better but I have to stop using it because it locks up on me.

To anyone that was thinking of using signcut pro, please dont let my problem change your mind. Signcut is a great cutting program with great support. My problem was with the dongle and a few of my computers. You only get the dongle if you purchase a lifetime subscription. And signcut does have a free trail download so give it a try if your looking for a cutting software.

Hello.

This is Therese as SignCut Sweden. I would like to solve your problem so you can use Signcut again if you prefer to use it. If you want you can contact me at therese@whisqu.se and I will give you a repair-tool that we created for dongles that has problems. This hopefully will solve your problem with the dongle and Signcut crashing.

Sharing your cutter through a network is possible. Here are the steps you should go through to get it to work.

"To setup a shared cutter with signcut.

1. On the computer where the cutter is connected, go to controlpanel->printer and add a new printer.

2. Choose the correct port and then choose the Manufacturer "Generic" and the Model "Generic / Text Only".

3. When the printer has been added, rename it to something you can identify then right-click on it and share it on your local network.

4. If the cutter is connected through serial-port or USB->serial port. Go to computer-management and setup the ports communication parameters. (Baud/Handshake etc)

5. On the computer that's gonna use the shared cutter, make sure it finds the shared cutter and choose it as Device in SignCut.

6. Now when you cut out the data will be sent to the shared cutter."

I hope this will help you and make it possible for you to use Signcut again.

I look forward to hear from you regarding the dongle-problem.

Regards,

Therese Löfström