Sign in to follow this  
mrrask

cutting problems - round corners

Hi.

I am having a little cutting problem with my creation pcut ct1200. As you can see at the picture, when i having small round circles or round corners, it is not hitting the exact starting point.

i have tried calibrate the cutter, but that docent work at all. So what can bee the problem then? i am cutting at speed 30 and using 60 degrees blades?

I am using sign cut x2 as the software.

hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Mathias Rask

q-skins.dk

post-24047-0-65296800-1345397719.jpg

what do you have the blade offset at? Whatever it's at, start adjusting it in .05 increments + or minus and see if that helps.

Hi MsSkeeter.

The blade offset is at 0.0000.

Okay, but how do i start adjust it in sign cut? haven't tried that before?

thanks in advance.

Hi MsSkeeter.

The blade offset is at 0.0000.

Okay, but how do i start adjust it in sign cut? haven't tried that before?

thanks in advance.

Go to your cutter setup page and adjust it, your blade offset should be 0.25MM for your Pcut as a starting point. But it you need further adjusting, just change at .05 + or minus increments.

Have just tried change the offset to 0.025, but still having the problem :/?

0.025 this? Is not what I posted.. I posted 0.25MM

ohh sorry.

Btw. have change to 0.25, but now it make some weird thins through each corner a sort of a triangle the 90 degrees corners?

ohh sorry.

Btw. have change to 0.25, but now it make some weird thins through each corner a sort of a triangle the 90 degrees corners?

0.25MM is just a starting point. you have to keep making adjustments until it is correct. Also make sure you have your blade set correctly as far as blade depth.

You should just barely see the blade tip and barely feel it. Take the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, cut firmly across a piece of scrap vinyl that you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade length to get there. The put the blade holder back in machine and make the same adjustments with your force on the cutter. Get the same results. Only cutting the vinyl and barely making a mark on wax paper backing/

Make sure your blade holder is free of pieces of vinyl inside it. A drop of 3-1 oil/light oil. helps the blade spin freely.

okay, have just adjusted the off set. But now i also have to change the blade depth? maybe the press go the depth of the blade are to hard or deep?

I'm just saying,, make sure you have your blade depth correct. Is is correct? That is very important to have your blade depth correct before you can make any other adjustments. .

I'm pretty sure that it is correct, i have tried what you said, about the blade depth, it was sticking too deep, but now i can just see the blade tip and barely feel it.