ajh15c

Clear tape

I like to use clear app tape for my multi layer decals. All of the clear tape I have been getting sticks to the decal and customers have a hard time removing them. It also leaves a residue on the decal that attracts dirt. What is the best tape to use in your opinions for both clear and paper? Thank you.

I use Main Tape for paper tape, I used to use R-tape for many years, but like Main Perfect tear better. . I have used R-tape Conform At-60 clear, and have had no problems..

I noticed with some clear tape I bought that it's very sticky (high tack?) and applying multiple layers really is difficult to peel back the tape without it pulling up the layer(s) underneath.

Is it a bad idea to use a heat gun over top of it to soften the tackiness of it?

I noticed with some clear tape I bought that it's very sticky (high tack?) and applying multiple layers really is difficult to peel back the tape without it pulling up the layer(s) underneath.

Is it a bad idea to use a heat gun over top of it to soften the tackiness of it?

Start with the top layer and work your way to the bottom then you won't have to remove the tape until it is time to apply....

After much trial and error, I finally figured that out. But even still, peeling back at as close to a 180 degree angle as I can, it begins to slightly raise the vinyl and stretch it as I'm peeling it back.

Guess I just need to try some better tape.