Sign in to follow this  
arcticmonster

First Banner

I think it came out not too bad.

I cut with AVERY White vinyl since I ran out of greenstar.

will not go back to greenstar now.

Thanks to all those that helped me in the other threads.

post-25326-0-94369100-1345112585.jpg

OK, I'll bite, what properties of the Greenstar were you unhappy with? (Or, conversely, what about the Avery is so much better?)

While I'm here, I wonder what's up with the uneven edges of the letters? (look at the bottoms of those A's)

OK, I'll bite, what properties of the Greenstar were you unhappy with? (Or, conversely, what about the Avery is so much better?)

While I'm here, I wonder what's up with the uneven edges of the letters? (look at the bottoms of those A's)

He should have done more node editing on the letters.... The design her was working with had some bad spots.... Not knocking you down at all I am just saying I would have cleaned the edges up more...

About the greenstar I use a lot of the red and black I have a customer who is always changing and replacing sale banners and yard signs so that is what I use for him.... The big difference I can feel is the Greenstar almost feels "crunchy" compared to Oracal.. Oracal always has a softer more latex feel to it... (Lets keep the jokes and snickering to a minimum :) )

It's like that from their DESIGN. this was drawn out of hockey tape and sent to me as a picture.

for the price they wanted to pay, they told me to spend minimum time cleaning it up and I had already put too much time into it.

as for the Greenstar, it sticks to my knife more. I did a few designs with the AVERY and it weeded much nicer, is a thicker material, just seems to cut better than the greenstar.

I wasn't knocking your design at all it looks good.... What I did when I was just sitting around with nothing to do is took different images and vectored them and played with node editing now I can do it in a very timely manor.

I wasn't offended any. :rolleyes:

That's the plan. Still a newbie here. this is one of the first hand drawn to pic vectorizing I ever done. Only learnt about the nodes this week. I am leaving for 8 days on vacation and they needed it this weekend.

They want smaller decals made, so I will clean it up for practice.