Sign in to follow this  
muibubbles

Fastest way to do bulk order of multi colored decals?

I know how to do multicolored decals using the layering technique with registration, but my questions is how do you guys do them if you are doing a production run?

Typically i will...

Cut decal

weed

cut each layer

apply layer

transfer tape

trim

is there a better way so im not cutting twice?

Also when you sell decals are they ALL centered and ALL on the same size paper? (ex, if the decal was a circle, each one you sell the circle is centered and in a perfect square box? or do you just make sure the back is all the same size but placement of the circle isnt centered?)

anything more then 2 colors I outsource and have printed...

I also try to have them all uniform and neat when I send them out....

have me print them! it will make your life way easier. i charge by the sqft so there will be room for you to make money for sure.

• Like 1

J You know that Roland couldnt possibly keep up...LOL...

You know a Mutoh needs ta be doing those...Pick meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!...LMAO!!!!!! ;D

**butting in** How well do printed decals hold up in weather? Just curious, as I get requests for complicated designs and it would be handy to hire out that kind of work (if it is affordable for me).

**butting in** How well do printed decals hold up in weather? Just curious, as I get requests for complicated designs and it would be handy to hire out that kind of work (if it is affordable for me).

If it is a solvent printer they hold up very very well....

you are looking at around 5 - 7 years for normal stuff, banners with laminate 5+, car wraps ( half, full ) 5-10 depending on the vinyl used. alot of your semi trailers are wrapped. this was our last one that we did.

post-2478-0-06774000-1345200202.jpg

First big production run I did was for 3-color cut decals for a sheriff's deputy memorial - I ended up doing 150 of them - do that one time and you'll agree that out-sourcing to someone with a color printer is the way to go. It wouldn't be so bad if it was large and simple designs, but a small (7"x7") design with 60+ small letters and numbers on each one made it a royal pain.

I got a request to do another memorial decal for someone who saw the first ones and liked them, this time in 5+ colors and I gave her contact information for a forum member to get the job printed and contour cut. No way I want to go through that headache again...