Sign in to follow this  
imsracing

*Update* USB Not Acknowledged

I set up my cutter on my new dedicated desktop and installed signblazer and the drivers for the cutter/cable.  Everything looked fine i set all the ports to what they needed to be and then i went to cut and it sent an error message. So i uninstalled the driver for the cable and reinstalled the driver and it said installed but with errors or something to that nature and it showed up as unknown device.  So i tired that again and now it wont even pop up in device manager at all.  I signed up for a pc support and they said that their best guess is the cutter is running 1.1 usb and the computer wont accept it.  Which didn't make much sense to me but i was tired of him trying things and getting no where.

**I just tried something as i was typing.  I plugged my external HD in with the cable supplied and it is running that fine.**

Also for some reason the cd when loaded tries to open like a pic cd would, where would you like to import these files.  So there could be a driver for the cutter that i havn't gotten installed because the program wont autorun but i think i have checked the cd for installation files and it only has PLT draw, the usb driver to install.  I found "casmate to pcut" with .cfg and .eng file and the read me text that shows tells what to do with them, but i cant find the folder to do that in. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks Dan.

" I signed up for a pc support and they said that their best guess is the cutter is running 1.1 usb and the computer wont accept it."

That's just bull. USB 2 is backwards compatable to usb1. It's been so long since I had to install the USB driver I can't remember exactly how but others have had better sucess by downloading the driver from the US Cutter site:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=1&pcid=0&nav=0

I would try another USB cable, maybe one from a printer if you have one. Also try different USB ports on the computer.

I have tried 3 cables that i know work, and all 4 different usb ports.  I also tried directly downloading the driver and no success.

Any more ideas.  If something internal happened with the cutter could this happen?  I don't think this is the case, but just wondering.

I have had the machine working and it hasn't moved since i switched computers.

I might just have to wait and see if it works with my laptop when it comes back from getting a new keyboard.

I got the laptop back and it doesn't seem to register with it also, so i am thinking it is something internal.  Should i disassemble and check for loose connections, or what is the next diagnosis step?

Worst case scenario, it may be a hardware failure and may require a part. Keep us posted if you find out anything, and shoot me a PM with your phone number if you would like me to call you for assistance.