wagspe208

"Easiest" beginning software

OK, cutter will be here tomorrow.

It comes with:

Robo Pro graphtec software

Corel Draw and

I downloaded signblazer.

So, which is "easiest" to get started in.

It seems as Corel is the most creative. This doesn't mean it is the easiest.

Should I just start with Rob Pro, or go with Signblazer?

Thanks

Steve

Or, since it isn't your guys job to baby sit me... another source of info.. youtube maybe for signblazer?

Thanks so much.

Steve

Congratulations.

Here is my 2c worth ---- since you already have Signblazer up and running, hook up the machine, and cut a few items right off the bat just to verify all systems are "Go" (Don't forget the Signblazer Library of cuttable graphics, very cool)

That simple step of just having the cutter working is a huge thrill, trust me.

Then, move into whatever direction makes you feel most comfortable.

Have fun !

I would use both and see which one feels more natural..... There are FAR more people here who use SignBlazer so if you use that and run into an issue it will most likely be easier to locate answers here then it would be for Corel...... SignBlazer will do everything Corel will do and I think it's much easier to cut from SignBlazer...

• Like 1

Ifooled around with Signblazer last night. I may be way to stupid to get it. I was trying to do a simple Bold Comic Sans MS with an outline. The colors seemed to be reversed from what I though. At this rate it will take me a year just to get my boat done.

Or... the display didn't match what I thought I should see.

Wags

You can always sign up here for 1 month of online training in Corel Draw X3 - http://www.lynda.com/Corel-training-tutorials/110-0.html. It is $25 per month and you can take unlimited classes during those 30 days.

I used Corel Draw years ago and so had some experience with it, so I skimmed through the Essentials training to brush up on what I'd forgotten. Personally I prefer it over SignBlazer, although I know a lot of people really like SignBlazer...

You can always sign up here for 1 month of online training in Corel Draw X3 - http://www.lynda.com...ials/110-0.html. It is $25 per month and you can take unlimited classes during those 30 days.

I used Corel Draw years ago and so had some experience with it, so I skimmed through the Essentials training to brush up on what I'd forgotten. Personally I prefer it over SignBlazer, although I know a lot of people really like SignBlazer...

I think if you are doing serious designing, you will want to use Inkscape, Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator. SignBlazer is good for text and simple designs or for taking existing vector designs and creating something new using them.

• Like 1

I think if you are doing serious designing, you will want to use Inkscape, Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator. SignBlazer is good for text and simple designs or for taking existing vector designs and creating something new using them.

I agree with Jay but I do mostly signs + banners so lettering and mostly simple graphics . I find signblazer very easy to use.

Dan