Sign in to follow this  
jovial

what am i doing wrong?

This is a logo for a baseball team's helmets that I'm working on. I've done everything else for them but this one is driving me crazy. I can vector it fine but when I try to seperate all the different colors, signblazer wont let me. ( I know, I need something better than signblazer) any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

post-6211-0-61491000-1344964991.png

Look into inkscape. Its a free vector editing program. Its very powerfull and can do a heck of lot for freeware. That would be pretty easy to manually trace and then add the offsets to get the effect.

There are tons of videos and tutorials online and here about how to use it.

inkscape is what i've been using. it does great for other things but it doesnt vector in color or at least i dont know how to do it.

In Inkscape you can trace colors. Trace the bitmap and select colors (2 from the bottom). there will be several layers, so you have to ungroup and find & edit the layers/colors you want.

thats perfect, i appreciate it so much. the team is going to love it.

thats perfect, i appreciate it so much. the team is going to love it.

It needs some cleaning if you look close there are some jagged edges that will need some minor attention.....

wooo $300? Thats pricey for something I can do free in inkscape.

The upper S is a different shade of white as well. It will cut as a different layer. Just a heads up jovial.

That was one click in Vector magic. Took about 45 seconds to do it.... I could probably clean it up and have all the colors even in less then 10 minutes..... I have run images through that were higher res. and had a perfect vector in a matter of a minute or 2.... I had an company come to me a while ago with a very intricate custom logo they wanted me to redo and put on a few trailers and a couple trucks they also wanted 150 shirts and 50 hats done so that job alone paid for the program and saved me a weekend of vectorizing in Inkscape.... In my case it was WELL worth it....

• Like 1

They offer a cheaper pay as you go service on their website... I think it was like $3.99 each time you used it... They also will give you 1 or 2 trial runs with the online version....

I had it ready to cut in like 2 minutes. DrVolt, you saved me on this one and I greatly appreciate it. I had to cut the image 2" tall and it came out perfect. Thank you to everyone who posted and I hope this post helps other people who might run into the same problem.

• Like 1