I have to be honest, I am completely new at cutting vinyl decals out. I got my cutter tonight. What i can figure out is why sometimes it tries to cut in the middle of my vinyl and some other times to cuts to the left. I am using a roll of 15" vinyl.

I am using signblazer elements. Rather than waste all of my vinyl trying to figure this out, I figured I could ask for professional help.

Part of the problem might be where you have your rollers placed. I have a CoPam 2500 and each roller has a small magnet in it. The cutting head measures the vinyl by passing the rollers, picking up on the magnet and using that as the size of the vinyl. So if you have your roller 6" in from the edge thats where the cutter thinks the vinyl starts. I added a 3rd roller to mine but had to remove the magnet from the center roller so the head wouldn't pick it up. I'm not sure if the other brands of cutters work the same way but I would think it must be based on a similar principal. If thats not it I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you, we have a great bunch of folks here. FYI hang on to the vinyl you didnt cut on (the scraps) they come in handy for small jobs or other things.

I have a pcut printer. Like I said that I am new to this. If you point me in the direction of finding this out for you. I get you the info.

I have a 25" plotter.

On the pcut... the placement if the rollers doesn't matter.

Make sure prior to turning the cutter on, to place your vinyl in the machine, and engage the pinch rollers, then move the blade holder to the right as far as possible without going off the vinyl, and without hitting the red button on the side. Now... turn on the machine, and start cutting.

Your problem could also be caused by the set up of your desktop. Make sure you work at a 100% size desktop. In other words if you want a sign area of 2ft x 1ft (or the equivalent in mm's) that it fits onto your 15 inch vinyl. Read the Vinyl width on the cutter scale & plug that into your Desktop work area size. This way if you are using Sign Blazer Elements it should always open up in the correct position & size for cutting.

I will give that shot tonight. Here is what I have also found out:

If I "jog" the print head over top the vinyl it will cut fine. But if I adjust too much right it moves tight agains't the right side against a red reset swtich? therefore the job never prints and the print head never moves any farther.

I guess with vinyl you have to try and learn before you suceed.

So setting the work size to 100% and plugging in the size off of the vinyl width ruler I should be ok printing?

just wanted to let everybody know that with a little tinkering and some white paper, I believe I have got the hang of this now. thanks all for your input.