Does the carriage need to be lubed?

My PCut has started making noise from the carriage -- almost sounds like it needs to be lubed, but not sure where or what type to use.

Guest fivestar

I've never heard of them needing to be lubed.  But I'm sure Ken will chime in sometime or maybe email him directly.

Guest Terry

If it's like a modem sound I think it's normal. You should hear the Refine run  :rolleyes: if you want to hear noise.

The only lube I have heard of people using is in the blade holder so the blade spins more freely. Can't remember what kind was mentioned though.

Guest fivestar

I have did that, Ken.  I used silicone spray for that, but my blade nor holder was making any type of noise.

wish it was the blade holder -- that would be an easy fix. This is the carriage assembly. I guess I will just run it till it ether dies or catches fire  :rolleyes:

Besides - it's all good -- the boss decided I was doing enough work for our storage facility that he paid for the plotter. 

Guest sciondrgn

Double check and make sure the top wheels did not come off there track.. I doubt thats it but its worth a shot to look?

all four wheels are on track -- I may wipe the track with some silicon later to see if that fixes it. I'll let you know, but right now I am off to Disneyland!!!

Guest sciondrgn

all four wheels are on track -- I may wipe the track with some silicon later to see if that fixes it. I'll let you know, but right now I am off to Disneyland!!!

ohh lucky you!  :rolleyes: