BobbyD1120

GraphTec 5000-60 not happy with cutting qaulity

Hello

I just upgraded to a GraphTec 5000-60 from my SignWarehouse R31. I upgraded because Im doing more volume and read the Graphtec is a faster and much better machine. I do wall decals/quotes that Im cutting on Oracal 631 vinyl. I HOPE I have something set incorrectly in the GraphTec because its not cutting no where near as cleanly as my R31. The curved letters such as R are very jagged and not cleanly cut. They have very rough edges and are no where near as clean and nicely cut as they were on my R31. Can someone please advise me what to check on the cutter. I expected MUCH better quality cutting out of the graptec.

Do you have the cutter ground to the stand? Try a couple drops of 3 in 1 oil in the blade holder to verify it is spinning freely. I am not familiar with graphtecs but there are a lot of people here who use them every day.. Skeeter knows them inside and out I am sure once she sees this she will have some helpful insight.

Do you have the cutter ground to the stand? Try a couple drops of 3 in 1 oil in the blade holder to verify it is spinning freely. I am not familiar with graphtecs but there are a lot of people here who use them every day.. Skeeter knows them inside and out I am sure once she sees this she will have some helpful insight.

Ground to the stand? I have it bolted to the stand? is that what you mean?

Grounding isn't necessary with the Graphtecs. Is your blade sticking out too far? what is your pressure setting? and I assume the blade is new? tried a different blade? can you post a picture(s) of

the actual cuts?

Has to be something setup wrong. Mine is spot on and was hands down a HUGE upgrade from my R31. I'm still using Lxi (master plus) too. As far as setup went for me it was almost plug and play, couple test cuts to get the force dialed in, and its been doing great.

Check your blade to make sure it's spinning freely in the holder. Make sure the carriage is tight on the tracks.

Mine also cuts perfect. I hope you figure out what the problem is, when you do you will love it!

Also, make sure your blade holder is seated ALL of the way into the carriage assembly and tight. if not seated, it can cause problems like that.

Check also your blade, to make sure it didn't chip it's tip off, and typically for 631, my pressure doesn't exceed 13-15, depending on the color and my blade... if it isn't in this range- you also may have another issue.

Check with support as well- they can help with this. The thing about S/W as a company- their support is not all that great from the reviews I have read whereas USC beats about everyone hands down. The only thing better is the shop up the road from me who will deliver, setup, and train you in your shop with purchase... Only the CE5000 will cost you $1950 instead.

I bought my CE5000-60 used. It really disapointed me at first with all the poor cuts. THEN, I went and bought a Clean Cut blade! Fixed all my problems. I sound like a commercial, but it's true. I really thought I bought an expensive "lemon" and then I replaced the blade and all was good. I can't explain the relief I felt. It was so much of a relief I always will speak awesome about their blades. No doubt, the best.

I am just now changing the original blade out of mine, that I bought new over a year ago.... There is no reason, this machine can't function absolutely flawless, with the blade that comes in the holder, out of the box.

I won't deny CC blades are great- but it's all about setup and use.

• Like 1

VM, definitely true. My problem was different because I bought it used and abused. I wasn't sure if BobbyD bought his new or used, because if you're buying it used you may be dealing with other peoples neglect or ignorance for machine care.

Also make sure your offset is set to zero on the graphtec, I didn't see where anyone said that but agree with most I have a feeling blade issue or not seated right in the holder...