Acrylic Conceptions

New to sign's and such

Really an insult and sarcasm (You didn’t have to put it in brackets... I know what it is) especially after people going out of their way to help you!!!

#1...Just saying was unbelievable it was the blade.

#2... Don't have to be Einstein to see if a blade is pointed or flat on the tip (Even without a magnifying glass)

#3... Yes some of us did tell you to change your blade in case it was broken, but you ignored the advice and kept trying to make adjustments which could of resulted in a quick resolution for you, but instead you wanted to know the theory behind things and how it worked instead of putting it in to action so you could get your orders completed.

What l am asking now in the mean time (until I can get home to the machine) is the way it works. Does that cap actually come in contact with the vinyl and that's how the pressure is sensed? Looking for the theory behind it.

yes, some of you DID suggest it. but I only have the ONE blade.

Really... What business just has one blade, especially knowing they have large orders to fill... Would you go on a long trip with no spare tyre in your car,

would you keep driving if you could see it was flat... Buy more blades then at least you had something to compare and try... They are cheap!

If I knew every little thing to look for and to adjust, I would not have come to this site.

Yes you came here for help and didn't take the advice given, so what was the point!!

Instead you reply with sarcasm.

I think you fail to realize that not everyone has the same know how that YOU do.

A few of us tried to help and share our KNOW HOW.

Replies like yours can make people not want to post so much, or leave. I'd hate to have to be an apprentice under you.

"YEP THERE'S THE INSULT" Read back over my posts, l never insulted you neither did anyone else, only offered advice!!

Yes l do have a lot of experience and as you say KNOW HOW, around 30 years as a qualified Signwriter and Graphic Designer with knowledge in every aspect of the sign industry.

But my apprentices would have the ability to follow basic instruction and would have at least a little understanding of basic problem solving.

On conclusion... I always help people wether on or off the forums, sometimes when l get the time l will vector something for free if people are having trouble, l thing in general l'm an easy going kind of guy and will always help where l can... I just can’t stand igronence.

I don't think l would of had the nerve to join a forum and post a reply like that... IMO it wouldn't get you far.

And FYI... The manual l found for you, because you never thought to google one is the PROPER manual for Creation Pcut CT630... They are Chinese cutters so the english isn't that great, you just have to concentrate and follow the best you can, you say it leaves a lot out, well it doesn't... It tells you how to set it up and operate it, not sure what you think is left out... Maybe you can contact Creation and tell them !

Hope your business goes well.

Best regards,

Gary.

• Like 1

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. Just letting you know, that how you might think your text is coming across is NOT how its read. It came off like someone being very impatient.

I appreciate the help, but when I'm frustrated and I feel like I'm being talked down to...doesn't help things.

Laser engraving is the main part of what I do. This vinyl cutting is secondary. Being as I didn't have a known good blade to compare to, I could not tell that it was busted. I was still able to cut other images....so a busted blade didn't even register. But I could of had a failed blade the whole time.

I listened to the advice. I did what I could with what I had. It was not until Randy came over and showed me what was going on that I was able to move forward.

I'm going tonight to pick up spare blades.

I do thank you for putting up the link to the owners manual. I honestly cant believe that I didn't search for it 1st. I usually do. I read it, it gave me a general idea of things but there are things missing. One thing I can think of is cutting the small rectangle test cut. I now know its "pause pause". It DID help me get it set up on the new computer...well mostly.

Also, knowing the theory behind things isn't a bad idea..maybe is the mechanic in me that wants to know. I was asking that as a side bar.

So thank you to Signs down under, MzSkeeter, MrMopar64 and who ever else replied here. I've been here a week and I have read lots and learned lots. I'm going to continue to read and learn.

I was able to complete this order.

post-26044-0-08304200-1344873042.jpg

my 2c,, I felt just like Signs Down Under. I was wasting my time on someone who was not going to listen. I quit answering...and moved on to help others... glad MrMopar64 could fix you up. I can't believe also,, that your running a business with 1 blade.

• Like 1

Happy someone took time to change your blade and get you going.

Nothing wrong with the theory and knowing how things work, l was just being straight to the point to try and resolve your problem ASAP... There's always time for learning later and as you go, just wanted to get you cutting so you could finish your jobs !

I do thank you for putting up the link to the owners manual. I honestly cant believe that I didn't search for it 1st. I usually do. I read it, it gave me a general idea of things but there are things missing. One thing I can think of is cutting the small rectangle test cut. I now know its "pause pause". It DID help me get it set up on the new computer...well mostly.

Like l said there is nothing missing... It is the proper manual for your cutter... PAGE 18 tells you about doing a test cut from your cutter... Yes PAUSE PAUSE ! I do my own design for doing small test cuts, something a little more involved than just a rectangle to make sure everything cuts nicely before starting a job.

Read the manual properly and don't just skimp over it, your bound to miss something.

Anyway have fun with it :)