Acrylic Conceptions

New to sign's and such

I did the test cuts and I also ran it across the vinyl out of the machine and it cut CLEAN! The blade is clean. I have oiled and cleaned it.

My pressure went from 90 - 130. I have one on the sheet where it just made an indent in the vinyl. The higher the pressure the easier it got to weed. But that ONE spot has always had a problem.

look to see if your cutting strip is damaged. or strip up in that area, makes sure the strip is down all the way across. or something in the track. Make sure carriage wheels are firmly in the track.

You stated you took the blade holder out of the machine, and cut the vinyl firmly and it cut clean. But did you look at the wax paper backing? It should only be barely making any kind of a mark on it, but no cuts what so ever. Did you get your blade adjusted to that point before putting back in machine?

I did what everyone suggested last night.

Went home and pulled the blade from the machine. I pulled it apart, cleaned it (it was clean already), put some lube on it, adjusted the blade like everyone suggested. Took some vinyl and laid it flat on the table, took the blade and ran it across the sheet. Went to weed the test section and it just came apart... GREAT!!! I do not recall the backing paper.

Loaded the blade back in the machine. Put the pressure to 100 I believe. Went to cut my logo. When it come to the "gills" it stopped cutting (but cuts when the logo is rotated 180??).

I attached two more photos that I forgot about this morning.

you can see on the vinyl that it didn't finish the line. Its there in the file...but I don't understand what its doing.

I tried a similar file and it did 3 cuts on the same pass..so I have to pick that one apart, but that will have to wait, I do not know how to do that with SB, only my laser program.

th_noCUT.jpg

th_blade.jpg

I did what everyone suggested last night.

Went home and pulled the blade from the machine. I pulled it apart, cleaned it (it was clean already), put some lube on it, adjusted the blade like everyone suggested. Took some vinyl and laid it flat on the table, took the blade and ran it across the sheet. Went to weed the test section and it just came apart... GREAT!!! I do not recall the backing paper.

well right there is your problem.. How do you know you have the blade set correctly? ( Of course the blade will cut.). If you do not even know if it's cutting into the backing paper? or barely making a mark.on it? That is what you start with first, before you can even adjust your force on the machine. Get that correct first. And why are you even cutting the design, without doing test cuts first? Nothing above stated you did test cuts on your machine and adjusted the force to get it correct. According to your above statement , you just chose a force number and cut your logo.

I did the test cuts and I also ran it across the vinyl out of the machine and it cut CLEAN! The blade is clean. I have oiled and cleaned it.

My pressure went from 90 - 130. I have one on the sheet where it just made an indent in the vinyl. The higher the pressure the easier it got to weed. But that ONE spot has always had a problem.

I was able to pull the rectangle out with no problems...

I was able to pull the rectangle out with no problems...

but was it cutting into the wax backing paper? or barely making a mark on it.? You must know that first. When doing the blade holder in your hand cutting on scrap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260693976496?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2297wt_1089

and the reason I purchased this, the guy I got the equipment off of said he used this guys stuff. I have cut blue, green, yellow and red and I'm pretty sure they all came from the same supplier.

My white is avery vector pro-v5 gloss white unp #PV5012450. I think my silver is the same.

just post it. LOL, I don't have any problem with my cutter, I have a Graphtec. Cuts right the first time. By the way, is your cutter new or used..?

I was going to post it, but being its for a forum and I'm the only one authorized to use it, I didnt want to just put it out there....I know I take the same risk emailing it to someone, but you know. Newbie concern here I guess.

Its used, but the PO hardly used it...the laser gets the majority of the use.

Loaded the blade back in the machine. Put the pressure to 100 I believe. Went to cut my logo. When it come to the "gills" it stopped cutting (but cuts when the logo is rotated 180??).

How did you determine the pressure had to be at 100 ?

Did you do small test cuts in between adjusting the force so you could get the best cut possible ?

If you reakon you have done all this right, I'm now leaning towards your settings in Signblazer... What's your blade offset set at ? you also said it stops cutting but cuts when you rotate 180 degrees, that's settings for tile size etc, etc, in SB.

Are you using the right driver for your cutter, are you using USB or Serial to connect to your cutter, are all your settings correct in SB, have you checked out the SB manual, there are other settings in device manager... Are baud rate, data bits, parity control, stop bits and flow control all set correctly,,, They also have to be the same in SB.

There are a whole lot of things that can effect the way your cutter performs, not just blade settings etc.

Make sure your blade isn't broken on the very tip... Have you tried a new blade... Are you using a 60 45 or 30 degree blade ? There is a newbie guide on the forum, might be worth you reading through that as well.

I must enjoy torture. I thought it would be a good idea to move the machine inside as its 95 in the garage. I had already installed SB Elements on the office computer. I brought the plotter in and went to get things situated. Well I WAS using the serial port on the garage computer. Inside, I must use the USB. I have NOTHING set up inside. So I have to start all over.

So for now, I'm going to log off until I can get this set up right.

thank you for the help that has been given. I'll report back when I get this figured out.

have you got the blade holder in the right hole,and why not try a new blade

stu

It looks like your local to me 626/909 I'm in Whittier

maybe I can give you a hand

Just let me know

MM64

have you got the blade holder in the right hole,and why not try a new blade

stu

I can only get it into one position..the other hole would require me to force it in

It looks like your local to me 626/909 I'm in Whittier

maybe I can give you a hand

Just let me know

MM64

Thanks!

Unbelievable... thought that would be obvious by looking at it !!!

Some of us did suggest that it could be broken and to try a new blade.

• Like 1

BIG thanks to Randy (MrMopar). We got things situated. My blade was busted. I got the setting correct now.

Glad I could help!

MM64

Wanted to say THANKS again. I think Randy was here for about 3.5 hours (left at 10pm) while we went over things. Showed me a few things on the machine that were not in the set up guide.

Need more people like Randy...

Unbelievable... thought that would be obvious by looking at it !!!

Some of us did suggest that it could be broken and to try a new blade.

yes, some of you DID suggest it. but I only have the ONE blade, and NO, for me it was NOT obvious. I could not tell until Randy put it under a magnifying glass.

But hey, thanks for being soooo understanding...(sarcasm). I think you fail to realize that not everyone has the same know how that YOU do. If I knew every little thing to look for and to adjust, I would not have come to this site. Replies like yours can make people not want to post so much, or leave. I'd hate to have to be an apprentice under you.

The owners manual link that was posted is a rough translation at best and it leaves a LOT out....in case anyone else reads is.