Pcrat

First time with US Cutter. and im pretty sure the last

Ok.

So i buy a mh series 34" cutter.

it got here today. I set it up pretty quick, software and drivers everything is great. it communicates exellent with the pc.

Go to do a test. and WHOA!! loud as hell. the bottom metal rollers are barely moving! i read somewhere on here another guy had the exact same problem and said it was a set screw.

he fixed his.

But i think im gonna just send it back and get my money back and go else were and spend a little more. from everything ive read on this website. and bang it happens to me right out of the box. But hey, ya get what ya pay for. so. Im pretty sure i will have to pay to send it back. but as long as its out of my hair. because i SURE THE HELL am not gonna buy another 1 and get refunded. i dont have that kind of money just laying around right now. so . i would rather do my business elsewhere.

I guess i should of read these forums first, then i would of just closed the webpage and went to a different site.

oh yea, and just now i tried to register when i submitted a support ticket, well there captcha dont work. ..... sorry but good bye Us cutter.

first impressions are the most important. when i recieve junk. well u can have your junk back.

You bought one of the cheapest cutters on the market. But if you would call them I am sure your problem could be easily solved. Posting here does nothing and will not help your matter in any way. Use a phone, get it worked out and enjoy your day!

• Like 1

This deep rant appears to be just over a set-screw that wasn't tightened at the factory.

(A factory where the workers earn $2 a day probably, and they all would rather be gone fishing)

If I'm not out of line here for saying so, let me point out that I've used an MH cutter for months as my primary unit within a retail sign store environment, and made thousands of $$$ with it, glitch-free and painlessly.

Tighten the set screw, and go ahead with your cutting. This ain't rocket science.

• Like 3

Just call them directly, there phone support is amazing. The email system is just very basic " have you turned the machine on" type responses. Call them up and they will know exactly what to do to get you up and running.

i have to agree i would take the time to package it backup make the phone calls that are needed then drive to the post office, instead of fixing the screw!

• Like 2

Wow, some people just like to complain. I have never had a problem with uscutter.

and have you noticed that with posts like this, it's usually the first post,and often the last?

• Like 2

Yep, that's why I looked on here a lot when I first got my cutter, and was able to answer a lot of my questions with out ever posting them. This site has a lot of knowledgeable people.

Yep, that's why I looked on here a lot when I first got my cutter, and was able to answer a lot of my questions with out ever posting them. This site has a lot of knowledgeable people.

I read and researched a ton before buying that is why i bought the p cut I also bought a used dgi om 60 with servo but I had no problems starting up with anything about 20/30 minutes from out of box to first cut (i already had signblazer downloaded and had been playing around with it ) don't buy the cheapest then cry like a baby about everything that don't go your way .

Dan

I agree, however I have had my MH for well over a year now. And have never had a problem one from it. I just un-boxed it plugged it in (via usb) and have been cutting great sense day one. Just my 2c.

• Like 1

I agree, however I have had my MH for well over a year now. And have never had a problem one from it. I just un-boxed it plugged it in (via usb) and have been cutting great sense day one. Just my 2c.

As several others on this forum . Many people would rather rant and whine than finding a resolution to their problem I never had to use support but from post others have made they go above and beyond to resolve problems and I assume that shipping has a lot to do with it ( I have had more than one electronic message board come in DOA and channel letters with broken neon ) but in any case it can be taken care with a little patience and perseverance .

Dan

• Like 1

and have you noticed that with posts like this, it's usually the first post,and often the last?

My suspicion is competitors , or most likely salespeople do that sometime . Some people do not know the meaning of integrity !!!

• Like 4

ok well yesterday.. after i got home from work. I called them. lol 31MINs 27 Secs and still on hold BEFORE i even got to talk to anyone. So i said f**K it. I hung up. I already knew what was wrong. the left side bearing was off the screw. So i didnt care if it voided my warranty. I took the bottom panel and left side cover off. where i can see, and access the screws. I did what i did. and fixed it.

it all works great now. except im doing some test plots... and it will draw everything fine for a few minutes then start to go off into la la land..

Check it out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o4d7iuWOj8

EDIT: sorry to rant about it. but yea these are cheap its works soemwhat now... but hell if i ever needed support screw waiting for a half hour or more.

I will use this till it dies. but yes my last time with uscutter.

maybe post your file to look at. and did you click the ORIGIN button on the cutter before you hit cut? And it looks like you have the design going the wrong direction on your paper.. The design you show is longer, than it is wide. So, why do you have it being drawn on the short side of the paper?. Rotate it ,so it is being done the longways. At least that is what I'm seeing on your video.

the drawing i did both ways.... and it still does it. i cant do LARGE files.

Here is an .eps i am working on for a friend. it will cut out the chevy logo and the 2 words on top and bottom.

it will start the arm, but then start drawing off...

This one i cant do large or small. if i take the arms out, it works great..

Im using Flexi 8

File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5241671/Chevy%20Tough.eps

I would just test it out with a pen plot. and see if it works for ya,

I went out to the dallor store, and bought some poster board. and it does it on them also.

I don't see where you are using a serial cable, or a usb to serial cable. That would be the way to go. This has been mentioned many, many times on this forum. Also make sure you grounded the stand to the cutter, if it is on a stand.

File cut fine for me. Do what Mz Skeeter says...I suspect either static or the USB if you are using one.

I am using a serial cable. ... and hmm ok.. i got the cutter sitting on the stand...it did come with a ground cable, but it dont say anything about it in the manual..

what do ya connect it to on the cutter...

any place specific, or any metal, or screw.?

EDIT: it did it on USB and Serial.

EDIT2: I just did a run with no vinyl, or paper, no pen, no blade, and it did the same thing, ran and went out into oblivion... Its now grounded. and it was on the carpet, but i put some board under it. and still doing it. Wonder if maybe its the software?

Im using Flexi 8.

I just did a test on a wiley coyote,,, I did it at 8" X 6" and it started to draw, then failed and drew off into nowhere again. But when i resized it down to about 4" X 2" it will draw right through no problems.. its when it is larger it starts to draw off into la la land

EDIT: Im using poster board with normal printer paper taped to it. all just for testing

i dont think poster board would create static.. even tho large jobs fail and small jobs work..

EDIT2: what about pressure settings, if its set to hard would that make a difference?