Sign in to follow this  
etchworks

Letters not cutting right in Flexi

Ok I have a laserpoint 48. Flexi 8.6 starter. I have to cut 40 of the same 11.8 inch by 13.9 inch design with heat transfer vinyl....I'm about halfway done cutting them and all of a sudden the letters are not cutting the correct shape. for instance a "P" the inside of the letter will not cut the correct clean shape it's a little distorted.....any ideas why this might be happening?? thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me....it's frustrating.

Is it cutting each letter at once or is it cutting a bunch of the outlines then the inside of the "P"? Mine does that on real long runs of the same image it will cut most of each image then come back and cut the rest later... I think with mine it is caused by a tracking issue as it pulls the vinyl through and cuts the vinyl dog tracks a little then later when it goes back to cut the inside of the letters or design it has moved a little.......

If this isn't the case make sure your cutter is ground to the stand...... Heat transfer vinyl is best to do in small amounts at once due to all the static it holds..... I have heard of people rubbing the vinyl down with dryer sheets but can't personally couch if it helps.....

How many are you trying to cut at 1 time? And have you changed the packet size in Default job properties to 1000b. It seems to help. And curve quality to medium. I hope your not cutting these all at 1 time.

Volt, I'm pretty sure it's cutting them one at a time...did the dryer sheet trick.and thigs were working finr then all of a sudden the cuts started being weird.

Skeeter, Yes the packet size has alweays been at 1000. curve quality is set at high but it has been working fine and I am only cutting one image at a time not all at once. i cut an image then shut the cutter off and unplug it to make sure I dissipate the static. Like I said it's been working fine then all of a sudden it's cutting the insides of some of the letters out of shape........