Sign in to follow this  
ignition

SC issue, vinyl crumples

I got an SC and it works great after getting some kinks worked out, but I do have one issue that I'm hoping I can get help with.

when I try and do a piece that is 24 inches wide, the vinyl doesn't stay flat and seems to work loose while cutting. I get the vinyl raising between the rollers.

any ideas?

I would say watch it closely see it if is consistently moving one way or the other... Without more information it's kind of hard to pin point.... Sounds like a roller issue of some sort though maybe one is tweaked a little... I'm not sure how that could happen but anything is possible..

are you pulling free enough vinyl from the roll to do the order.? You must not be pulling directly from the roll.

While you mention that the rollers are holding the vinyl properly, I need to point out to you that the RIGHT-HAND roller needs to be moved over to the left a bit away from the far edge, because there is an engineering defect in the way the set-screw in the back is placed too far over and lets the pressure roller sit beyond the proper location (the pressure roller will NOT come into contact with the grit roller underneath).

See photo, where I have literally stuck a visible marker onto the top of my machine indicating the limit of where to slide the right-hand roller, so it stays in contact correctly with the grit roller (blue arrow). If you slide it farther to the right (green arrow) until it stops on the set-screw, you'll have problems --

See this post -

http://forum.uscutte...post__p__283267

DSCF1847.JPG

I've run into the set screw issue.

I have found that besides the crumpling there was another issue with sloppy cutting that was caused by the head unit that holds the blade had one of it's roller come off the track. Fixing that has solved so many issues.

Thank you for all your help. Great to know that there is an awesome community here to help if I need it

I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH SOMETHING OF THE SAME... WHEN PRINTING MY VINYL CUTOUT ( TEXT ) ,, I HAVE A ROLLER PRINT ON PART OF THE LETTERS  ?  DO YOU THINK THIS IS THE PRESSURE SETTING OR WHAT SHOULD I DO TO CORRECT , SO THE ROLLER PRINT WILL NOT APPREAR ON MY VINYL  :huh:?  THANKS FOR ANY HELP  JUDY

It goes away when applied and as many who have tried can attest adjusting roller pressure and other "fixes" will make you pull your hair out chasing the gremlins you create in the process.