Sign in to follow this  
universaltransformations

New to vinyl cutting and need some help...

HI Guys, My name is Shane and I am from Down Under. I am starting up a new business and I have purchased my new machine and I am now fustrated!!

I hope someone out there can help me please.

I have been doing test cuts little squares and have also done some text.

The issue is when I peel back the vinyl the bits of vinyl i want to stay don't stay. Like its not cutiing it properly??

I have been adjusting the blade depth all the way to only the tiniest bit sticking out. Seems to cut the vinyl fine but leaves nothing behind.

If I use my fingers to push the cut outs onto the backing sheet they stay.

Made an absouloute mess doing this with my text!!

HIRE A BOB CAT was the text. Three letters stayed the rest didn't.

Could it be the vinyl I got in the package asuming the vinyl could be cheap?? Respect is the brand...

Very grateful on your feed back....

Thanks

Shane

just guessing but check blade pressure on your machine. sounds like it's a pressure issue.

Hey there, mate.

What machine are you using? What cutting application?

On my SC 34" using SignBlazer Elements (LiYu driver) my pressure is 2g. (Two grams)

Double-check to see that your blade is spinning freely, maybe add a tiny bit of 3-in-1 oil.

Lastly, since it's a brand-new machine, sometimes they arrive with the cutter head slightly dislodged from the track, this seems to be an issue that appears now & then in trans-shipping.

Hello and welcome . There are instructions here for adjusting the blade correctly search member Mz Sketters post for directions get that adjusted correctly adjust your pressure according to your machine manual then start testing from there . also the quality of vinyl makes weeding a lot different i have never used the greenstar or similar brands but the difference in cast and calanderd is very noticeable . good luck

Dan