Sign in to follow this  
JennD26

Buying new machine! Need help deciding!

I am running a wall decal business using Oracal 631. When I first started I bought a MH-721 I was told this would be a good starter unit for a business. Now after 7 weeks with all sorts of problems (static buildup, etc) the machine is about to bite the dust, apparently it's not a great starter unit but only a hobby machine.

I was told by USCutter that a CoPam would be a great machine, but I'm wanting other opinions. I fulfill about 100-150 orders a week, My price range is about $1200. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance!

I found a Graphtec FC8000-60 (24") online for $1129. I thought this was a $3,000 machine?

make sure it works good... It that a buy it now price? It it works great jump on it. I have the FC7000mk-75 great machine, never a problem

Yup, you go for that and you will be out some bucks with no cutter. Play it safe and buy from a reputable company that you can do research on and if you can't afford that now then wait until you can. From the sounds of it you should easily be able to afford the Graphtec and if you cant you are selling to cheap...

icon13.gifRe: Graphtec cutters

quot-top-left.gif Quote: quot-top-right.gifquot-by-left.gif Originally Posted by hg29 quot-by-right.gifquot-top-right-10.gifI am looking to buy a Graphtec cutter and have found a web site adictsign.com that sells them at half the cost of other companies. Has anyone ordered anything from this company. It is based out of Indonesia.

Thanks for any input. quot-bot-left.gifquot-bot-right.gif INDONESIA...NO!...NO!...NO! FRAUD!!!!mad.gif

That was my exact thought. Thanks everyone for the input! Unfortunately I don't have the funds for a $1700 Graphtec, so it's looking like the only affordable option is a CoPam. Does anyone have any advice about this machine? I'll probably end up buying a Graphtec in about 6 months, when I have a chance to save up. Until then I need to find a solution before this MH-721 bites the dust.

ground your mh721 properly and cut away...have had my close to 4 yrs never one single problem, other than user error.

• Like 1

I use mine for 100-150 orders a week. USCutter has told me that it won't last much longer and will end up losing the motherboard. They said there's a lot of static buildup, and these machines have TONS of issues. They said it's a hobby cutter and not designed for any type of production use, and that's why I should replace.

I noticed the difference between those two is that the copam doesn't have a servo motor, where the zencut does. What is the difference in this besides noise level? I definitely want the best for my money, and I need a machine that can make fairly detailed cuts

I have the SC (upgraded from the MH) and the stepper motor in this thing produces marginal results (not even producing the cut quality I was obtaining with the MH).

On diagonal cuts, the 'steps' are indeed noticable.

For my purposes, it's no big deal, and I can live with things as they are, but when I eventually move beyond the SC and get another cutter, it FOR SURE will have servo motors. No question about that, and those Zen units have my attention.

The Zen's are re-branded GCC cutters. I have one of SignWarehouse re-branded GCC cutters an I love it. It's accurate and quiet. I think the quality is close to a graphtec for a few hundred less. Once you include the stand though, the price gets closer.

Graphtec...

"Unfortunately I don't have the funds for a $1700 Graphtec"

read the posts,folks.

Thank you all for your insight! I went for the $999 24" Zen cutter, since it had the servo, I really think this is the best I can do at the moment! I'm super excited to get it. I do plan on purchasing a Graphtec in about 6 months, this way I can have 2 machines running and stay caught up a lot easier.

USCutter was out of stock of the stands for the Zen Cutter but I'm hoping it will fit in the stand for my MH-721 since they are the same size.

Thank you all for your insight! I went for the $999 24" Zen cutter, since it had the servo, I really think this is the best I can do at the moment! I'm super excited to get it. I do plan on purchasing a Graphtec in about 6 months, this way I can have 2 machines running and stay caught up a lot easier.

USCutter was out of stock of the stands for the Zen Cutter but I'm hoping it will fit in the stand for my MH-721 since they are the same size.

If it won't, PM me and I will tell you how you can make it fit. I used a pcut on an mh21 stand for over a year.

• Like 1