Sign in to follow this  
Imlost21

Flexi 8

I just got flexi 8 and am trying to learn on it.Cramming, as i have jobs already pending. I watched the demo and retained a bunch of that info. But

Do have some questions that I didnt get answers for on there.

1. can I edit nodes like in signblazer?

2. Prints are printing much much darker than it should.

3. where do I change media type, like practicing on oracal 651 (thinking that is y it is printing so dark)

4. sending contour cuts to an old cutter without arms, cutter does not finish cutting the entire area that it is supposed to.

thanks you

Yes you can Node edit.... 5th tool down on far left... As far as printing if you are using rip and print I also have had issues with it printing darker then it should on some printers. If I Rip and Print to my Epson 1100 it is fine, However when sending via this method to be HP Designjet 800 it is very dark... I looked over the net looking for a solution and was unable to find one.... When you Rip and Print the Production manager comes up on the third tab over there are options for media type and color correction you could try and play with those and see what happens....

Back to the node editing I have found it is easier for me to still use Inkscape for that as it is easier for since I am more familiar with it..

As far as the contour cut goes, What cutter do you have? How is it connected? I had many many many many issues with mine trying to contour cut via USB.. It would never actually cut around the image but through it and way around it.. I went to a Serial connection and it has been PERFECT ever since... Even on very complex contours where I am cutting around the outside and also parts from within the image without any issues....

I am new at printing but have been using inkscape and signblazer for almost 4 years just for vinyl cutting. Just invested what I could in 2, 2nd hand printers and flexi.

The cutter I use is a JSI 24. has been really good to me and runs from a serial to usb connection, always worked great that way.

The printers that I just got are a Mutoh prismjet falcon outdoor JR. and that is the one that i am working on learning with.

I also got a designjet 500 44in. cant find the correct drivers to run it yet.

I am trying to make a gocart template that I can use. I just found an image of the kind of gocart bodythat i have to 1/2 wrap and I am trying to just overlay the shapes on top so that I have the measurements saved.

There is probably an easier way to do this, but I seem to be suffering from brain farts. lol

I cant remember from one minute to the next what works and don't. It does seem like the more I do something the more I remember the steps. Flexi has alot more thingamajigs than signblazer.

This guy I am doing the gokart for knows that I am just learning but says he needs the kart back by next tuesday. I am afraid that I am not going to get it by then,

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks my husband reminds me all the time.

I only thought that 500 came in a 24" and 42" like the 800 I have....... I have the zip file with all the drivers or both... I think it is to large to put here... Let me track them down and I will load them to my dropbox and post that link...

Actually here is the link from the HP site.... It is VERY VERY important you select the EXACT model you have as you see there are multiple options... There should be a tag on your printer that gives the exact model if not it will give you the HP part number and you can cross that.....

http://h20000.www2.h...dSeriesId=25301

Another point on the contour cutting is make sure you load the image the proper way into your cutter... There are arrows that point which way it needs to be loaded.... also try using 4 Registration marks instead of the 2... I think I remember reading somewhere some people were having issues with it not completing cuts and that solved it for them.

k, I downloaded the driver, it unzipped, said extracted 23 files, lol, now how do I install the printer?

thank you for your help, Michigan.

Plug the printer in and when the screen pops up asking to install the driver do it manually and point it to the folder where the files unzipped. ( I am assuming you are running windows.) If you have already plugged it in you will have to go into the device manager and uninstall the driver then reinstall the correct one from the folder the ones you unzipped.