Sign in to follow this  
m85040

HELP GUYS WITH VECTOR QUESTION?

OKAY GUYS IM TRYING TO VECTOR A IMAGE IN INKSCAPE I KNOW HOW TO VECTOR IT .

BUT IM TRYING TO REMOVE THE BACK GROUND ON IT AND LEAVE A CERTAIN PIECE OF THE IMAGE SO I COULD CUT IT . I HAVE TRIED CUTTING THE IMAGE I DONT LIKE OUT OF THE PICTURE BUT WHEN I SEND IT TO SIGNCUT THE BACK GROUND IS STILL THERE ANY HELP?:huh:

In the vector settings theres an invert image setting. Did you try toggling that?

If thats not what you want then youll have to post the picture, Im not understanding what your asking.

Why not select the background and delete it, leaving only what you want to cut. I have noticed when I vector something in inkscape it will have multiple layers which need to be deleted before cutting. Just my 2c.

Cowboy, you must be using the multiple scan options, down on the bottom box. There really isnt a need to use those and Ive noticed they cause a lot more work then needed. Ive only used multiple scans once. And it didnt even give me a good result.

post-23799-0-54478100-1343246039.jpg

Click on the node editing arrow and click and drag a box around what you want to delete and then click the "-" sign in the toolbar, the second one, after the "+" sign, then resave it as an eps and you should be good.