Sign in to follow this  
theishkid

Mountain Lion

Anyone going to take the plunge early and upgrade to Mountain Lion? I didn't have any problems upgrading to Lion last year and hope the transition is as smooth. Hopefully there's no problems with Flexi and my PCut.

Well I can verify that I updated my MacBook Pro (Early 2008, 4,1) and it started up FlexiStarter just fine. I'm doing a test cut right now with my creation PCut with keyspan and everything is working fine as of now!

Signcut crashed constantly after upgrading to mountain lion. I reinstalled and it seems to be pretty stable so far.

Well tonight I'm getting cannot open port errors through production manager. No idea what's going on.

Never had this problem before in the last 1.5 years of operation. Fixed it by reseating all the cables. I'll update if I have the problem again. So far everything is in Mountain Lion is technically working.

After a couple months with Mountain Lion... do not upgrade if you haven't already. Apparently there are some USB problems now in Mountain Lion and it doesn't like the Keyspan adapter like it used to. I have updated flexi drivers, I've updated FTDI drivers, and even a new driver for the keyspan that was just put out a week ago.

The plotter does cut... but there are some big communication problems going on. I have to plug and unplug my usb cable multiple times, mostly with "Cannot Open Port" errors in flexi production manager. Finally after doing that several times the plotter will cut. And once it establishes connection it will work for the rest of the night. It's just that first bit of time that it does not work.

Inside the system logs I'm getting "Keyspan USA-19H ::terminate(klOServiceSynchronous) timeout" messages as well but have no idea what that means.

I've got FlexiStarter 8 and running an old 30" "Panther" cutter from SignWhorehouse and I cannot get my hardware key to light up tonight in ANY USB port.  And not in any of my old computers either.  To go along with this mishap....I've just switched to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard.  That was a mistake.  Not just this "dongle" issue either.  I cannot use my trusty old Canvas X ...or my Illustrator 10 programs at all as they throw up a "You can't open the application ......because PowerPC apps are no longer supported."  error message.  So,  I went from pushing the limit of even DEALING with SW products (since they've not recognized Mac users for about 8 years now) .....and BARELY running cutting by jumping through all kinds of hoops.....to not even being able design.  All in one deft idiotic move of a 19.99 purchase of an upgraded OS software download.  Make my ol' heart pump purple peanut butter.  

So,  first question is, can I get a new hardware key that actually lights up.....and secondly,  will it do me any good to hope that Mountain Lion will run my good old plotter?   Because I'm in no position to buy thousands of dollars worth of equipment.  

Thanks,
Gear

I updated three weeks ago and blam, nothing, my mac worked fine but my new VInyl Express 60+ (graphtec 6000 clone )  which runs off of Flexi 8 read "can not open port" Turns out the only way to fix it was to go back to a backup I made before updating  to get the machine running. Called apple and SignWarehouse where I bought the machine and neither claims they are responsible for making a patch AKA updated driver. So the customer or signmaker is screwed. The best idea  I got was to install a MAC made generic IO driver. Nervous to try this as this last set back a day and a half troubleshooting... any help please please advise!

signwarehouse has the best price by far on the flexi version but their customer support has plummeted the past 2 years.  I was having issues importing some newer files and they had no answers - reinstalled and working good now but the support which used to be top notch has disappeared. almost wondering if I should have kept the ultraflex (beacons version of flexi and ve-lxi) that supported more cutters and maybe (don't know for sure) better support!