Sign in to follow this  
arcticmonster

my first layered decal

Far from perfect, but at least i'm getting some practice. it's the acadian flag.

Need more practice on removing the decal and appying it back on it's back side. everything was too STICKY, so came out with alot of bubbles.

post-25326-0-80916700-1343173356.jpg

Not bad for a first try. When I first tried layering I would just make small layered decals to get the hang of it. Now it is easy, so just keep on making them and it will get easier to do.

When I first started I labeled EVERYTHING in my house... Girlfriend went insane all the cupboards the fridge the dishwasher her hair dryer curling iron..... Then when I wanted to learn how to layer everything for removed and re labeled in 2 colors... Practice makes perfect.... (Or in my case better not perfect.)

I guess for my first one, I shouldn't have started with huge solid colors like this. it's like 8" tall by like 3" wide for each colors.

It think it would be easier to work with the AT-60 transfer tape than the cheap masking transfer tape I got?

would that be a correct assumption?

I use clear tape for pretty much everything.

I don't like how the paper tape doesn't stay stuck down and if you look at it funny it wants to curl off the backing and take your vinyl with it. Most of my work is small jobs where I deliver the decal and let the customer install it and so I like the clear tape as it shows off the decal and lets the customer line it up better - plus it's so much easier to layer with the clear tape....