Sign in to follow this  
lonestarcountrymusic

Which heat press vinyl?

Im new to heat press vinyl and im looking for some that appears, once applied, closer to a screened shirt. Or something that doesnt look like its just heat pressed vinyl. Thanks in advance for all help.

I use siser easyweed for everything heat press vinyl and my customers as well as myself like it. It actually has a little softer feel than some screenprinted stuff I've seen.

Plenty of options and I'm sure others will chime in as well. Alan

Also a Siser easy weed user and agree........Customers love it and so do I. I tried some other stuff and just didn't like it.

I started with the Siser and love it... However this last week I ran out and had to get some material the same day and my local supplier only carries Thermoflex. I really didn't notcie to much difference in it except that the backing is much much stickier so weeding was a little more of a pain since my hands and arms kept sticking to it when I was trying to hold it down.. One thing I did like better about it was every roll came with its own sheet on press time and temperature... Not that its not easy to find that info but it was nice to see it right there at the point of purchase. I held up a shirt done with Siser next to one done with Thermoflex and I couldn't see any difference at all.... We will see how time tells with washing them and if I remember I will report back with further results.

Yeh, I'd be curious to see how it holds up too... Always nice to have options and I have the instructions on the wall by my press! LOL Between airbrush,transfers and heat press vinyl, all have different settings/times.

I have tried a few different manufacturers of vinyl (Siser, Spectra, and one other I don't recall). I haven't noticed any differences. Their heat settings are similar as well as the time settings. I even just layered 2 different manufacturer's vinyl to cover up a design that was heat set on crooked. I mix and match my vinyls all the time. I haven't had any issues with them.

This photo is of 5 layers of vinyl on a 50/50 cotton poly tshirt.

post-21592-0-65542100-1343681293.jpg

I really like Joto's Ultra vinyl. It has a great feel to it and depending on the shirt it really sinks down into the fibers. It's also less expensive than siser.