Sign in to follow this  
khpsi

Graphtec FC7000-MK2-130 -- Chatter

Hey All -- I have a FC7000-MK2 that is causing me some headaches. When I cut straight lines in either direction I can set the speed of the plotter as I always do, no issues. However when I have anything that has a curve to it I can watch the head assembly / blade chatter and I get a jagged cut edge. If I back the speed all the way down I get an acceptable cut but it obviously takes FOREVER. I've cleaned up the rails and the platen and everything else I can find on it with no improvement. Graphtec support suggested updating the firmware but my plotter has a dead usb port so I can only use serial. I've been like this for a couple years (connection pc to plotter) Does anyone have any other ideas? --- THANKS for any suggestions !!!

have your tried to put it back to factory default? Turn off cutter and back on while holding down the UP arrow will do that. I have had mine for over 4 years and have not had that problem.. Look at your cutting strip. No gouges, Have you tried different blade holder.? I never run my Fc7000 over 6 on speed ever since I purchased new in '08..

have you tried a new blade? Maybe something in the blade holder? Is blade spinning freely? A drop of light oil in holder,

THANK YOU !!! :lol: --- I was really hesitant to do that without someone else recommending it, Im in the middle of a big run of parts with a short turn --- So far so good after resetting to the factory default - Cutting strip has a few areas that are scuffed, nothing terrible though ---

THANK YOU !!! :lol: --- I was really hesitant to do that without someone else recommending it, Im in the middle of a big run of parts with a short turn --- So far so good after resetting to the factory default - Cutting strip has a few areas that are scuffed, nothing terrible though ---

If you ever have a problem, always try the factory default first. You just lose your preferences. It doesn't hurt a thing. Glad ya got it.. ;D