Sign in to follow this  
Beavis97

Any sugestions? Trying to vector

I am trying to get vectorized.. I have used Inkscape and I get to many different colors when I vector it. I just need the black and blue and I end up with like 6 different colors. If anyone can tell what I am doing wrong or help with this it would be great.. Thanks

PROPANE-GENIE_full.jpeg

post-6602-0-55020300-1342398090.jpeg

Try using the brightness cutoff option. It works a lot better for our needs. It will get you close.

Also forget about the font when you do this. If you try and trace fonts, you just make your life a lot more difficult. Your best bet will be to find the font and re-type the text.

whatthefont.com is a great place to start.

edit: looking at it again. I would manually trace that. It would work a lot better. I can do it for you, for a small fee. PM me if your interested.

heres my attempt

Thank you so much.. That looks like it will work. I really need to practice up on my vectoring skills

I downloaded that vector magic and man it sure was easy to use.. Wish I would have known about this program before..

Thanks again for you help FBRsportmod68 and Coaster36

I was also trying to figure out how to cut a solid outline around this so when I layer it you do not see but 1 color under it all. Like a solid white being under with a small outline around the whole thing. I guess it would kinda look like a contour cut, but since my cutter does not do that was wondering if there are any other options.

Well I finally messed around with the nodes and drawing of lines and that was not that bad at all.. it worked and I thought it would have been alittle harder..