Sign in to follow this  
vdb10401

Roland GX-300 Possible Problem?

The cutter is about 1 month old purchased from USCutter. The cutter has been cutting vinyl about 3 hours per day 7 days per week since purcahse, settings are 120 force, 20 speed. The last week or so the cutter has been running 6 hours per day and this is where the problem occurs.

After about 4 or 5 hours of cutting the suction fan turns off while cutting is in progress and the machine takes a 3-4 second brake and then continues cutting after the fan starts up again. This happens every 2 or so minutes and gets progressivly worse. Reseting the machine does not help and the problem only goes away when the machine is left off for the night, turning the machine off for 1 or 2 hours helps a little but does not get rid of the problem.

I have a Copam that has been cutting 6 hours a day for 6 months straight and hasnt had problems so Im supprised the Roland is having an issue. The Roland is much faster at 20 speed than the copam is on 60 speed so the Roland is working harder and cutting much more.

I just need to know if this is normal from memory getting filled up or some kind of machine software problem vs a physical problem. I can't have the Roland break down on me unexpectadly.

Any one experience this or have any suggestions?