livinloudgraphics

hey trying to upgrade

hello i have a pcut that i use now with flexi, ive been doing some vinyl for over a year and it has paid off. Now im would like to upgrade from my pcut and get a better one, would yall have any ideas as to what cutter would be best i do lots of small decals and some trucks but now im getting to in bigger signs and stuff and would like to have a better plotter please help with this thanks

You didn't specify a price range, but I would recommend a Graphtec cutter. I've been extremely happy with mine and haven't seen any serious complaints from anyone about their's.

You didn't specify a price range, but I would recommend a Graphtec cutter. I've been extremely happy with mine and haven't seen any serious complaints from anyone about their's.

X2. Don't by any of the no name cheapo stuff. I love my Graphtec.

I have a GCC and am very happy with it. Look at the ZenCut models at USCutter.

Graphtec and Roland seem to be the industrywide standard but there are many professional cutters out there so it would be relevant to what you want to spend and / or do I would take my time and try to find the best deal for the money as you have a cutter and are not needing to rush into a decision . Good luck

Dan

I have a Copam & have been satisfied . If i was buying another cutter , I would do like Jay said & get a Zen if I could not justify the Graphtec .

im also with livinloudgraphics im looking to spend at least 800 to 1500 is my budget so alone the line of what programs do you have to run this machine also cause im seen some where they bought a plotter and they had to change software also sorry i dont mean to hijack the thread livinloudgraphics

The Graphtec CE5000-60 is just outside of that at $1695 from US Cutter, but that includes a heavy duty stand, Corel Draw X3 (which is compatible with the cutting plug-in so you can cut from within Corel Draw - which is nice) a nice collection of Clipart and a nice assortment of vinyl and tools.

There are other vendors that sell just the cutter without all the accessories for a little less, but then you'll need to provide your own copy of Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator or other design/cutting software. I shopped around and the $1695 package is the best deal if you want the software and accessories.

theres no hijacking here mrextreme12 this forum is for everyone and if they need help on the same thing then so be it i dont mind it. but im looking to spend a good chunk of change. i need a machine that will outlast me if possible (lol just kidding) but do the same thing i do now but cut reflective and carbon fiber material if possible and handle bigger jobs than i do now with the pcut. i love it but like others said its just for starters. And i would like to stay with flexi if possible as my software to cut with thanks for you help and time

Graphtec........Look on craigslist, that's where I found my CE5000-60 for $700. You just gotta be looking at the right time. I'm still new to this whole thing but I've never been limited by my cutter, just me.