Sign in to follow this  
Stevem9

inkscape vector help

hi everyone ive been trying to vector certin parts of this image, after making lots of errors i was thinking there has to be a better way of doing this...or maybe im way off course. anyway whay i am looking to do is vector the 1 on the tail, the us navy, and the blue angels on the nose. so far i have done ok with the trace bitmap but this one i have struggled with, would any be willing to assist me??

post-21407-0-95320900-1341891509.jpg

Dont trace the fonts or number. Find the font and type it in your cutting program. Inkscape if you want but I would advice against it.

The blue angles might need to be edited a bit but youll need a better picture to work with. Even still dont trace it, find the font.

ok so i got the usnavy part but still having trouble with the blue angels part. the number 1 on the tail i think i can find, havent serched for that one yet because the blue angels part is being a pain to find. i did find a close up of the blue angels part but still struggling with inkscape to get it right.. i am new at this if ya couldnt tell :)

I did some research on the "Blue Angels" part and it is a custom logo that was written out just for that so the font does not exist.... Looks like Coaster did a pretty good job of tracing it....

thank you guys for all your assistance! btw how did you do that coaster??

I would guess he found a larger image of just the Blue Angels and traced and cleaned it in Inkscape.... If you do a google image search you will find a few images of the writing that are easier to work with.

12volt is correct. I found a better picture, opened in inkscape and did trace bitmap. Its very simple, you just have to play with the settings, each picture is different. Make at least 5 traces with different settings until your happy with the output. Then do some finale node editing and your done. That only took me about 10 mins. You might want to do some more editing. I just did it real quick.

There are tons of posts on here and lots of videos on youtube about inkscape.

Ive only been doing this for about 4 months. Do some reading and youll be good in no time.

• Like 1