JennD26

Cutter misaligning weeding lines?

that image you showed looked like blade offset to me. Make sure there is nothing in your blade holder. Even a tiny scrap will cause problems.. A drop of light oil in holder.. Blade must spin freely... Try a new blade.

Yeah some of them were blade offset. But that "S" had some wierd lines. Ive seen the problem in inkscape. Its from not proofing in wireframe before saving. Simple problem

Thanks Skeeter, how do I fix the blade offset? I tried it again using the spool option. Didn't seem to help : post-25201-0-78198500-1341778979.jpg

Post #16 is drift issues. its not repeating or it is pulling vinyl from the roll and losing its registration. Are you spooling enough pre-feed from the roll to start with??

Post #28 is data loss/vinyl catching issues. If its data loss you will continue to have this with your connection type. You can try slowing down your bit rate to help this but from my experience you are not going to cure this without going to a full serial connection or a better cutter. Or this can also be caused by machine pulling from the roll also.

I see this all the time on my cheaper cutters I use on location and have randomly laying around the shop.

Thank you, this means that the serial connection skeeter mentioned should help. I hope it gets here soon!

Thank you, this means that the serial connection skeeter mentioned should help. I hope it gets here soon!

Might help the problem but on files larger than this you might still have issues. It is just a usb/serial adapter. The best solution for any stepper plotter is a full serial connection. Anything else and you are just asking for problems. Plain and simple.

Also, that cutter is very limited on memory..MH721 or the refine series.. I hope you are turning off the cutter, and turning back on before cutting again. Dump the data from previous order.

unless someone on the forum has done it. It is a question for USCUTTER techs.

and according to the ad, it says for NON MK-2

Try doing what I said in the PM, Retype the file into signcut and give that a try.

• Like 1

One more thing before I leave the computer.

On the file in post 16, zoom into that S in outline mode(view>display mode>outline) and see if the top part of that thin stroke connects to that wierd dent on the fat part of the S. They look like they connect. Which would mean its a bad font.