JennD26

Cutter misaligning weeding lines?

My MH-721 seems to be mis-aligning the weeding lines and also adding letters in the wrong spot, on "yourself" I've attached pictures. It's doing this suddenly but only in this decal, and only in this size! It's the same problems 90% of the time for this particular job (Size and style)

Any of your amazing expert people have any ideas? You guys have helped me so much already, I really do appreciate you all!

post-25201-0-43703200-1341717132.jpgpost-25201-0-06516700-1341717133.jpg

im talking about the actual .eps file... yes i can see the pics, but with the file maybe i, or someone else can see whats goin on with it...or if its just your cutter. If you dont wanna post it, thats cool...just probably wont get a definitive reply. Trying to help!!

The file is fine, it cuts other sizes perfectly and has only recently started doing this to this size without any changes. Some still come out fine, about 10%

Have you ever gotten your cutter off of USB and on serial/keyspan. adapter?. You would have less problems.

Just showing you an EBAY ad as example only

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c0999baa2

And personally I ONLY use weed lines on very small text. Small decals... Never on larger decals. The drift of the vinyl on those machines will mess up your designs when you add the weed lines.

I think its something wrong with the file, look at it in wire frame or outline, depending on the program your using. Make sure there isnt something weird going on.

Ive never seen the cutter misspell something. Thats funny.

The file is okay, it only recently started doing this. I've never changed the file, and it prints perfectly in medium sizes, and even prints fine in this size about 10% of the time.

Were offering suggestions.

The cutter is dumb, it only does what its told. Its not just going to misspell a word one day. Its doing what the computer told it to do.

Dont take a look at the file and dont buy a keyspan...

• Like 1

I have an idea & it is a very simple & e-z solution , that only takes a little bit of logic ... Don't cut that decal in that size !!! Since you don't like/want to post the file ,that seems the only logical & sensible conclusion IMO :)

• Like 2

Really guys? LOVE the attitude.

I have already purchased a keyspan thanks to Skeeter, it's on it's way. I figure I'd give that a try. If it was the file, it would do it on ALL decals, yes? That's a logical conclusion for me.

It always mixes up on the 30" yourself but not always in the same place. Sometimes the e will be behind the L, sometimes inside the L. If it was the file, it would do it on all sizes, and always in the same place, correct? Afterall the cutter is dumb and it does what it's told.

Printing a different size isn't an option since this is my biggest money maker. I purchased things expecting them to work, that's like treating the symptoms instead of finding a solution to the problem.

You don't have to be jerks. This is my business item and my top selling item, I'm not going to post the raw file up here for people to steal.

Also, addressing the weeding lines cutting in the wrong place? I place these in on the signcut software. I'm assuming this is also my file?

Back the truck up a second here :)

Not cutting that size doesn't make sense- I know... BUT- You have to eliminate ALL possibilities when you're troubleshooting. It still could be the file, could be a cutter memory issue, and it could be that it is needing to be spooled in pieces versus just dumped to the cutter.

Say I have a graphic with 1,000 nodes- 22x14. If I expand that to say, 500% - I still have 1,000 nodes, but their more spread out now- the file size goes from about 2.93mb to over 8mb.... Could be that the file, in that size, has too many nodes for the cutter to handle all at once, and the software needs to spool it a little at a time- OR the other thing I found a lot of the time with my old Laserpoint 24- It could cut faster than it could receive... so once it ran out of nodes to cut, even though they were still coming it would go crazy and do dumb things.

Things to try-

- Slow down your cutter - this can also effect tracking and placement of weeding lines and letters.

- Check or don't check "Use Spooler" under the cutter settings in SignCut

- Try that Keyspan device you have coming....

- Try cutting without your blade in, and also use a pen tool on paper to see if you have the same issue- Static can cause goofy mess as well....

- Before perfoming large cuts, shut the cutter off completely to clear out it's buffer, this helps as well on machines with less memory.

- They also make a memory upgrade for the MH series cutters- Seems to be that this fixes a lot of problems with this machine as well.

• Like 1

Also, addressing the weeding lines cutting in the wrong place? I place these in on the signcut software. I'm assuming this is also my file?

NO vinyl drift could cause this. That is why I never use weed lines on large designs. I rarely ever use them Also using a USB connection, The data is not getting transferred correctly. USB has always been a problem.. This is why I suggested to get the cutter on a Keyspan adapter.

Back the truck up a second here :)

Not cutting that size doesn't make sense- I know... BUT- You have to eliminate ALL possibilities when you're troubleshooting. It still could be the file, could be a cutter memory issue, and it could be that it is needing to be spooled in pieces versus just dumped to the cutter.

Say I have a graphic with 1,000 nodes- 22x14. If I expand that to say, 500% - I still have 1,000 nodes, but their more spread out now- the file size goes from about 2.93mb to over 8mb.... Could be that the file, in that size, has too many nodes for the cutter to handle all at once, and the software needs to spool it a little at a time- OR the other thing I found a lot of the time with my old Laserpoint 24- It could cut faster than it could receive... so once it ran out of nodes to cut, even though they were still coming it would go crazy and do dumb things.

Things to try-

- Slow down your cutter - this can also effect tracking and placement of weeding lines and letters.

- Check or don't check "Use Spooler" under the cutter settings in SignCut

- Try that Keyspan device you have coming....

- Try cutting without your blade in, and also use a pen tool on paper to see if you have the same issue- Static can cause goofy mess as well....

- Before perfoming large cuts, shut the cutter off completely to clear out it's buffer, this helps as well on machines with less memory.

- They also make a memory upgrade for the MH series cutters- Seems to be that this fixes a lot of problems with this machine as well.

I am giving this all a try! I'm starting with the spool option! Thank you :)

I'm now starting to have issues with other designs as well not cutting properly. Can this be caused by vinyl drift? I'll upload a picture.

Here it is on a completely different decal. First time I've ever had this issue with this decal since it's pretty simple.

I have done a "memory dump" turning off and back on before printing.

post-25201-0-49928200-1341778180.jpgpost-25201-0-12594900-1341778181.jpg

I'm hoping that my keyspan adapter will help this when it arrives. Seeing as I'm 100 orders behind, these issues are frustrating!

Vinylmotivations has some really good advice.

Were not here to steal your design, were here to help solve problems and all learn from each other. When someone has an issue, a very very common problem is the file. We can only help you help yourself. I dont know what else we can do?! I dont know what else your expecting from us?!

The file very well could be fine. But it could also not be fine. And it could be very simple to fix once someone sees it.

Why not just post it, let someone look at it and then delete it? Or PM someone the file?

That way we can rule out the problem with the file and concentrate on other things. Its troubleshooting 101.

• Like 1

show the same design cut, not using weed lines. Then we can see what is going on more. You have nothing to compare to, weed lines, no weed lines. Use a piece of scrap vinyl.

• Like 1

The bottome left "e" looks like a problem with offset. No doubt.

The bottom part of the "S" looks like offset as well. The top part, unless part of the font looks like bad node editing. Does it look like that on the screen if you zoom in real close?

It's not you guys that are here to help that I'm worried about, it's lurkers that come on here and pick up others work, using it for their own. I'd be glad to PM you the file, do you need it in raw svg?

How much editing did you do to these files? Did you just type them and add "weed lines"?

Skeeter, this design didn't have weed lines at all. It's a pretty simple design so I don't use weed lines for it.

Coaster, not that I can tell. I've never had this problem until just now with this decal.

It's not you guys that are here to help that I'm worried about, it's lurkers that come on here and pick up others work, using it for their own. I'd be glad to PM you the file, do you need it in raw svg?

LOL if that design is any way in the public view, and is good..it is already stolen... get real.

I create them in inkscape, save them as an SVG and then add weedlines to some before printing. Only the large designs get weedlines

No, lol it's a wall decal design. It's super-imposed onto a wall background. I guess they could try to re-create it but I never post my images out there.