Sign in to follow this  
postnetnc133

LXi

Can I use a US Cutter with LXi software?

My Lynx cutter running LXi died and I am thinking of picking up a us cutter being sold locally but would prefer to not have to learn a new program. Any thoughts?

Can I use a US Cutter with LXi software?

My Lynx cutter running LXi died and I am thinking of picking up a us cutter being sold locally but would prefer to not have to learn a new program. Any thoughts?

If you know what brand of Cutter you are looking at, open up your Production Manager and see if the cutter is there.

I need to double check but I don't recall seeing any us cutter models in the production manager sometime ago. Is this something I can download a plug in or something to make it work or use a different cutter model?

LXi is SignWarehouse's rebranded Flexi. I would think that as USCutter did it will only have the VinylExpress branded cutters listed. If you bought Flexi it would have them all.

I have Lxi Master Plus. It has a ton of cutters listed. I'll try to remember and actually look tomorrow. I know all the big names are there.

I got to check my version of LXi but I don't think it is the LXi master pro. It may be the version down. It has the dongle and came with the Lynx cutter I bought from signwarehouse but that cutter after 9 yrs died. I picked up a us cutter sometime ago for a backup. I can get it to run off its software but prefer to use LXi, after all this time not looking to learn a new program ya know.

Let me know what driver you need I can copy it from my version and show you were to paste it in yours to make it read your machine.

• Like 1

Ok so I double checked and my version of LXi does not have any US Cutters to pick from. I can get sign blazer to cut to my cutter but would prefer to use LXi. I believe I have still have everything from my us cutter when I first got it. As far as drivers I don't know where in LXi I would import or install a cutter that is not mentioned in their lineup to pick from. I was hoping I could pick another brand and trick LXi.

I believe my us cutter is a pcut ct-230

My email is mike.ferretti@postnet.com

Been working with dr12volt1338 (thank you soooo much for your time) made some head way but now we are both stuck. So I got the pcut files which I installed into LXi perfectly. I know it is com 1 as I get a port error message when I use Com 2,3 or 4. Now my problem is I hit send now in LXi to my pcut ct630 and it says error and that's it. I can send to sign blazer no problems but can't get LXi to send to my pcut. Installed the windows drivers, switched out the serial cable rebooted several times all the same results?

Any ideas what now?

I dont mean to bring old topics into play however I have gone through hell and back over this issue. LXi does not play nice with USCutter.csm they have stripped out the USCutter.csm from flexi during installation. I know this because I watched it going in and found it missing after. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling so I could copy it before it was erased by the install however even that one will not work and you are forced to go to the oem for your USCutter machine. Example the SC series is actually a LiYu cut, My zen green is actually a GCC Puma3s. I tried the Puma3s drivers that come loaded in LXi and no JoY the cutter would peter out llike there was a static issue or something. I tried loading newer drivers from GCC whom swore they would work and still no JoY.

In the end and in my case I was forced to do a dirty hack to make my machine recognizable. By that I mean I had to download a firmware version of the Puma3 and flash my firmware. This is admittedly not a preffered way to go however no one had any solid answers and signwarehouse has the worst CS in the trade so they are no help at all. This was over the head of most CS reps though and IN NO WAY RECOMMENDED. If you fry your mobo it is 450. new or 150. refurbed so if and before you guys get any crazy ideas think about that first. I have a lot of programming and IT background or I would not have done it and again I do not recommend this as a solution. This is only an example of critical thinking and desperacy as well as how much trouble this program can cause. I highly recommend FLEXI over LXi if you can afford it. LXi is pretty much the same program however it does not play nice with all Cutters.

how about just using the roland drivers??  the old pnc drivers work with a lot of cutters.   now my new lxi has drivers for the gcc cutters - but why would a private branded software intentionally support the competitions cutters?    it is the cheapest legal, way along with beacons ultraflex, to get the pro version of flexi - works great with graphtec and roland cutters.  I bought my LXI-Master plus 10.5 for $5-600 - and get the same program as flexi at $2500+ but loose the rip feature for my printer - which I export and use versaworks for anyways.  If you made the money to buy the LXI in the first place you should have made enough by now to buy a graphtec or roland.  Start putting back even as little as 10 percent of your sales for future equipment and software upgrades when needed.   Just my 2c on an old subject