Pepe

what transfer tape for oracal 651?

Hi all ,

I have a 22" by 80" headline to do on a van, using 651 pink.

All I have is TransferRite Ultra 16" by 50yds and clear Rtape conform 14" by 50yds, but they have been on the shelf for over three years now.

Tested both and they work well, pretty sticky still.

Should I buy 24" and what brand?

Also, haven't done anything that long. Should I hinge in the middle?

Thanks, Pepe

I use rtape 4075rla myself. You can just use your Rtape and then just lay a couple strips. I would install wet, and squeegee WELL- then wet the paper tape to peel off.

Thanks, what liquid would you recommend?

I personally use the SPLASH! application fluid USCutter sells- I like it as much as rapid tac2. Rapid tac is about 30$/gal whereas the splash is only 12$....

The other option is, if you search there are several homebrew options... but I haven't liked them as much.

Dont overlap the application tape, If you cant use spacing between lines to separate your app tape, lay them close to each other and then cut a thin strip of app tape or painters tape to bridge the gap if needed. Then remove that filler strip before you squeege that part. If you leave it or overlap the app tape, youll be left with a line of small bubbles all the way down where the app tape overlapped.

Thanks, I wouldn't hesitate buying a 24" roll, but I can't find shorter than 100 yds.

Here is a layout I did in Flexi for the cust to review.

I was considering the center hinge application for the mainline.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Vinylm.: Did USC charge $9 to ship the gallon?

post-2072-0-16699500-1341692853.jpg

Thats going to be tough to do if you center hinge it, unless you have a helper that can hold the app tape while you squeege. I would lay it up there and tape the top in a few spots for a top hinge, then cut between the two words and right through the app tape and backing, leaving it hanging from the top, that way it gives you something smaller to work with. Watch some youtube videos, about top hinge, one guy leaves the backing on the lower part of the app tape to give the tape a little back bone so it doesnt flip over and stick. Its a great idea.

I personally would buy a new roll of app tape, yours is old already and itll make it easier to work with. But if you dont want to, then I would lay my tape and see if you can go vertically and maybe get your gaps on those little letter connectors.

Thanks, I wouldn't hesitate buying a 24" roll, but I can't find shorter than 100 yds.

Here is a layout I did in Flexi for the cust to review.

I was considering the center hinge application for the mainline.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Vinylm.: Did USC charge $9 to ship the gallon?

Looks nice-

No, the SPLASH fluid is an 8oz bottle that mixes with a gallon of water you provide... makes it small to ship, so you will want to order it with other supplies from USCutter...

http://www.uscutter.com/SPLASH-Concentrated-Application-Fluid-8-oz-CLSSPL8OZ

Get yourself some of this too- I LOVE it- for removing adhesive....

http://www.uscutter.com/Orange-Peel-Adhesive-Remover-GAPSAR409

Do you use the orange peel for prepping also?