liquidfusion

Need a little help with 25" SC series cutter...

Picked up a smaller cutter to use at outdoor events, its a 25 inch SC series cutter. Got it installed, happy because Im able to use my Copam drivers to run it through SignCut, and moving in a forward direction. The one quirk that has me baffled is when I start a job, lets say one decal to be cut, the LCD screen reads "Now is cutting...." However long after the jobs completed it still reads this. If I hit reset, it goes back to the home screen....

Is this normal, and Im gonna have to hit reset every time a job is finished cutting?

Thanks

Bruce

The one quirk that has me baffled is when I start a job, lets say one decal to be cut, the LCD screen reads "Now is cutting...." However long after the jobs completed it still reads this. If I hit reset, it goes back to the home screen....

Is this normal, and Im gonna have to hit reset every time a job is finished cutting?

I am having this same issue.... I notice it will clear out when I hit the stop after cutting button on the SignCut dialog box that appears after the cut has been downloaded to the cutter.

Are you using the USB or Serial port? I wasted a lot of vinyl before I figured out that the USB does not work correctly. I had the same issue with the machine not resetting itself as well. Switched to a USB adapter and everything works like it is supposed to. I use Flexi and it has Liyu drivers but the only difference between the the Copam driver and the Liyu driver I noticed was a little bit of speed.

Are you using the USB or Serial port? I wasted a lot of vinyl before I figured out that the USB does not work correctly. I had the same issue with the machine not resetting itself as well. Switched to a USB adapter and everything works like it is supposed to. I use Flexi and it has Liyu drivers but the only difference between the the Copam driver and the Liyu driver I noticed was a little bit of speed.

I did the same thing and I have only had one software related failed cut since.  The keyspan adaptor is well worth the money.  It has solved virtually all of the problems I was having using a USB connection.

I also had the same issue with my 25" sc cutter via usb.  added the triplite keyspan and no issues since

So it sounds like, for folks using the Lylu SC and Signcut, the Keyspan adapter connection is the way to go.

Someone should put a chart of all this compatibility info together. Plotters, Software, and OS Compatability Chart.

Something would be nice..... Once your around the forums for awhile you start to see some of the same questions over and over

• Like 1

There seems to be enough experience around here to get a pretty inclusive spreadsheet started....

Who wants to pick up the Gauntlet? C'mon, "One small step... for vinyl, One... giant... leap for... Plotter Owners."

Start with a Poll... "Who's using what with no Problems?".