Teamxdmatt

Oracal 651 matte black issues

i'm having people complain the vinyl won't come off the backing i know its not cutting too deep already adjusted etc . i'm using R tape conform high tac. i tell people to peel the backing off the tape and say it takes forever that way or still don't work. some have also said the wax backing is comming up with the tape . im wondering if i have a bad roll? would a switch in tape to the oracal ht55 fix anything? i'm lost i want to fix this issue and i've tried everything .

Well if theyre saying the backing is coming off with the tape, id say your cutting to deep. Why not do some test cuts and see what they look like? If you cut a letter or shape, you should only see a faint outline, I mean faint out line of the shape.

Do this, cut something, it doesnt matter, but a line is a great example, then take off whatever you just cut, so your just left with the backing, and try and bend the paper where you cut, along that line, does it bend easy right on that line? Ill bet it does. And Ill bet your cutting to deep.

Its all about blade depth, I can cut 651 all day and it will weed like a dream, but when I cut 751, my pressure isnt enough or something, I dont cut through the glue. So it makes weeding a little tough. But I dont cut enought 751 to worry, I just take an extra 15 minutes to weed it.

its weird though i have no problems with no other colors just this. there is just a faint outline on the backing if i get the vinyl off .. sometimes it comes off sometimes it dont

Ok how about this. I had this problem.

How big is your cutter?

How does the cutting strip look?

How even is the cutting strip?

I had a problem with my cutting strip not sticking good, It looked fine but it was higher in some spots then others. It would cut great in some spots and then OK in other spots. Maybe if you have a larger cutter, its cutting good in one spot and then cutting to deep in other spots.

Try doing test cuts all the way across your cutter and then cut off that piece and examine all the cuts.

There might be a problem with the vinyl but I doubt it, You have a very small piece of a very very large roll of vinyl.

the cutter is relatively brand new.. its the SC series 34" cutter. maybe 2 months old now. i'll try it anyways.. appreciate the advice

i think its just the people are being picky about it cause they can't peel it off fast and try to peel the tape off the backing. if i peel the backing off the tape i have no problems.

i think its just the people are being picky about it cause they can't peel it off fast and try to peel the tape off the backing. if i peel the backing off the tape i have no problems.

I never use high tac tape. Medium tac , If you want to still use R-Tape, then use 4050RLA. But I switched to Main Tape several years ago, because I liked it much better.. And I used R-tape for years. But I never have a problem with medium tac on matte black.

I never use high tac tape. Medium tac , If you want to still use R-Tape, then use 4050RLA. But I switched to Main Tape several years ago, because I liked it much better.. And I used R-tape for years. But I never have a problem with medium tac on matte black.

what's the best place to get the main tape from ? i don't have a problem getting matte black off the backing if i peel the backing off the tape .. these people ive been dealing with must be impatient or give up the minute a letter wont come off.

what's the best place to get the main tape from ? i don't have a problem getting matte black off the backing if i peel the backing off the tape .. these people ive been dealing with must be impatient or give up the minute a letter wont come off.

PM sent.

Matte vinyls often are tougher as the vinyls don't have a smooth finish for the tape to stick to. #tapetosandpaper.... whereas gloss vinyl.... #tapetoglass...

squeegee VERY hard from the back and this will help make it a little easier...

Skeeter- I am going to pm you as well tomorrow.