Guest Finishing Touch

Pinch Rollers

Guest Finishing Touch

Hi everyone forgive me if this post is on here some where else I have been looking but have not found the answer. My Copam 2500 has been a true work horse I am having issue though with the pinch rollers I think. I start out with the amount of vinyl I need, feed into the cutter measure under roll not sheat, and then I feed forward to make sure it doesn't skew to the left and it 9 out 0f 10 times it does. I have cleaned the rollers and the silver abbrasive rollers under the vinyl. I am quessing the pinch rollers need to to tighten? My question is there a video some where that shows how to do light maintance, we have moved recently and I have lost my manuels

also the orange rollers undre the machine should there be wingnut or something to hold the rollers in place? it seem one of the rollers is lopsidded if you roll it level on the floor it wobbles and unrolls the vinyl unevenly has anyone eles had that problem?

Thank you for your time have a great day

How are you making sure your putting the vinyl in square? If im using the roll I pull it way out, enough to go back and touch the sheet in the back. About 3 feet or so. Then I line up the edges with the front piece and back piece. Then I let the machine measure the vinyl. While its feeding, I watch to make sure its straight. I can usually get it pretty straight like that. If it needs a little tweaking I do it and test feed some more until it feeds straight.

If im using a sheet, I square it up by eye first as good as I can then feed and tweet until its straight. I use the sheet option though. So it measures the sheet for me and makes sure there is enough.

As for the orange rollers, I dont have any wing nut or anything. Mine arent perfectly straight but I dont loose sleep over it, I havent noticed it cause any problems yet.

To increase the pinch roller tension, you simply turn the phillips screw on the back of each pinch roller lever clockwise until reaching the desired tension. Try to get them both tensioned evenly as possibly. What I have done is decreased the pressure enough to allow the vinyl to slip thru and then slowly increase the pressure just enough so that you can't manually pull the vinyl towards you.

Mine are cranked all the way up. It came like that when I bought it used. I asked the guys at uscutter and they said it was fine. Seemed like he didnt really know though.

Mine are cranked all the way up. It came like that when I bought it used. I asked the guys at uscutter and they said it was fine. Seemed like he didnt really know though.

Don't you get roller marks in your vinyl with that much tension?

Yeah but its only on the ends, Who cares about the ends? It cant be cut anyways.

Well for me anyway there have been times when I don't put the rollers on the ends and it is nice to not have roller marks in the vinyl so

that I can reuse the vinyl.

Oh in that case I wouldnt want marks but I always put the rollers at the ends of the piece. Never needed to do any different.

Well for me anyway there have been times when I don't put the rollers on the ends and it is nice to not have roller marks in the vinyl so

that I can reuse the vinyl.

Roller marks go away when you apply the vinyl. At least on both of my vinyl cutters. I have no problem putting the rollers at 2 inches apart, and roll them right thru a 3" decal on a piece of small vinyl. The backing is actually creating the roller mark. Remove the backing,, apply the decal, looks good.

Guest Finishing Touch

How are you making sure your putting the vinyl in square? If im using the roll I pull it way out, enough to go back and touch the sheet in the back. About 3 feet or so. Then I line up the edges with the front piece and back piece. Then I let the machine measure the vinyl. While its feeding, I watch to make sure its straight. I can usually get it pretty straight like that. If it needs a little tweaking I do it and test feed some more until it feeds straight.

If im using a sheet, I square it up by eye first as good as I can then feed and tweet until its straight. I use the sheet option though. So it measures the sheet for me and makes sure there is enough.

As for the orange rollers, I don't have any wing nut or anything. Mine aren't perfectly straight but I don't loose sleep over it, I haven't noticed it cause any problems yet.

my machine has ruler like strips on top and on the face of the machine to line the vinyl up. I have to manually unroll the vinyl because if i use the rollers to roll enough out the vinyl rolls out crooked from them. What i have been doing is my vinyl is on a rack I unroll from the rack just a little bit over of what is needed and cut that way I have not cut from the rolls on the rollers in some time. But that has not solved my problem of the vinyl skewing to the left.

To increase the pinch roller tension, you simply turn the phillips screw on the back of each pinch roller lever clockwise until reaching the desired tension. Try to get them both tensioned evenly as possibly. What I have done is decreased the pressure enough to allow the vinyl to slip thru and then slowly increase the pressure just enough so that you can't manually pull the vinyl towards you.

I have tried to make them tighter and they are as tight as they can get. I get marks on the vinyl but like Skeeter said it comes right out when vinyl is applied.

Can I put a third roller on a Copam 2500?:huh:

The bottom bar that actually spins to feed the vinyl all spin at the same time. I don't think another roller will fix it. Your not installing the vinyl straight. Work on getting that straight.

Guest Finishing Touch

I will work on getting it straight :) determination does and will pay off

Yes , you can put more rollers on a Copam . Last time I checked , they were $50

Guest Finishing Touch
:thumbsup: Thank You Roger

Y W :)

Guest Finishing Touch

Thank you all for your help I appreciate it. :)