topher75

ZenBlack should be here today!!!

I purchased a ZenBlack cutter on Monday (7/2) and it should be here today (7/5) & I can't wait. I'm so excited about receiving this that I cancelled my leave for today and tomorrow and switched it to half days just so I can set up and play with my new tool!

I haven't made vinyl signs in close to 18 years (I used to work at FastSigns as one of my first jobs) and the technology in vinyl signs, software, etc has changed a bit since then and the USCutter sales people were very helpful in making sure I'd get something that would suit my needs.

I work for a government entity and will be using this primarily for safety signs & labels, so this machine definitely won't see high volume usage.

Anyway, just wanted to create this thread as a way of saying thanks to the USCutter folks and to give my experience with the company from ordering to receipt of goods. I'll update the thread as the shipment rolls in!

Got everything set up yesterday, software installed early this morning, and just got my first cut done / weeded/ applied!

• Like 1

I took some pics but left the camera sitting on the desk at work. I'll post some Monday.

I was amazed that from the time the plotter showed up to first cut was <5 hours. I was expecting a bit more of a headache. Everything went flawless!

I can't make any comparisons. My only experience in a sign shop consisted of post cutter work mostly. From what I've seen so far it's a good cutter though.