Cutting_Edge

Backlit sign substrate?

Looking for a substrate for a back lit sign....problem is the size and color.....6 foot X 12 foot......YELLOW.......where might I find this?

TIA

Margaret

Get ahold of Advance in Grand Rapids see what they can do for you.... They seem to get a few people I know the odd ball stuff they are looking for.....

Spoke w/ them this afternoon.....nope, they don't have anything that big or that color....any other suggestions?

Even thought about Lexon......might that work if I can find it big enough? The price will probably kill it, but not a clue on backlit......

Margaret

Lexan would work I would talk to a body shop about spraying it for you. Have them spray one side and apply your graphic to the other..... Did you try Wensco? You could try Richards but I highly doubt they will have anything that big..... Sounds like Lexan is your best bet and get it painted...... Let the body shop know your intentions they can spray it light enough to still allow light to pass through...

You are a gem......didn't even think about that one.....now to see about the size of it.......hmmmm, even think the guy at the body shop owes me a favor or two....his luck....3.......

Will get ahold of Wensco or Alro on Thursday.

Thanks for the idea.

Lexan would work I would talk to a body shop about spraying it for you. Have them spray one side and apply your graphic to the other..... Did you try Wensco? You could try Richards but I highly doubt they will have anything that big..... Sounds like Lexan is your best bet and get it painted...... Let the body shop know your intentions they can spray it light enough to still allow light to pass through...

You have to use a translucent paint though and then coat with a white over it and it must be sprayed inside . Also there are some companys that form and will paint your copy to your specs you may want to go that way a face 6x12 ft will be expensive and heavy do you have a way to install it one company I can think of that we use is in Ohio so not to far from you either is Hendricks vacuum forming

You are going to want to use acylic which is a cheaper material but will hold up just fine. The more expensive "big boy" material for back lit is lexan and it's a ton more but apparent'y more durable. Both come in a variety of colors.

Make sure you use translucent vinyl. If doing any lettering in black you can use regular black vinyl as it doesn't matter on that.

Avoid overlaying vinyls since it will show through.