Cutting a roll in half

I've got a 14" cutter and lately I've been sawing in half 24" rolls to get them to fit but man...what a PITA once you get down to the brown...Is there an easier way to cut these down? Some of the colors I need I can't find for a 14" stock. I know its more of a hobbie size but I use the crap out of this thing. Not like the side of a Racing Kart is that big anyway!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your supplier might offer vinyl slitting. It usually only costs a few bucks per cut. My supplier can go all the way down to a 1/4" wide cut.

I cut mine with a saw like the one above and made a HUGE mess... it got way to hot cutting and melted the ends together.... I have a local shop cut mine down for me now after I just pin stripped a boat... They are very good and will usually cut it while I wait... They have what looks like a large pipe cutter they use... Wish I could find one.

I've got a 14" cutter and lately I've been sawing in half 24" rolls to get them to fit but man...what a PITA once you get down to the brown...Is there an easier way to cut these down? Some of the colors I need I can't find for a 14" stock. I know its more of a hobbie size but I use the crap out of this thing. Not like the side of a Racing Kart is that big anyway!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what kind of vinyl are you using?

I cut mine with a saw like the one above and made a HUGE mess... it got way to hot cutting and melted the ends together

maybe you didn't cut fast enough?

I went to a shop one time that had a home made slitter. It was two peices of plywood with enough space for a sheet of vinyl to slide between them. It had places to put razor knife blades about every 2 inches so you could pull the vinyl between the two peices of plywood and it would cut it wherever the blades had been placed. It wasn't perfect but for just cutting rolls like you want it could work.

maybe you didn't cut fast enough?

Possible..... I tried a rip blade and a high tooth count for trim and both made a bigger mess then I wanted... I'm not saying it won't work I just didn't have a good experience my first time..

what kind of vinyl are you using?

Green star AKA I'm buying to from US-CUTTER, they wont cut. I've got a grinder in the shop but like said before I'm scared of melting it, hack saw became a PITA after I got down to the brown part of the roll. I've got about 5 or 6 rolls I'll need cut after I order here in a bit, one of them is a chrome, Thanks for the help guys