Sign in to follow this  
Warez

Metric ?

Is there anyway to get Artcut to display inches rather than millimeters?

I cut something way too big 'cause I selected "A1 (594mm x 841mm)" as the paper size, thinking it meant standard A1 paper(8.5"x11") and just eyeballing it on the screen.  I was way wrong. :huh:

Also, what's the recommended size to use?

I know it probably depends on what the output is intended to be, but I'm just wondering what most people use.

Thanks...

The current version of Artcut only includes metric mearsurements. There are many free web sites that will do the conversion for you, here is one example.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

I believe other programs such as Flexi include measurements of metric and English.

I'm not sure about the sizes but you might want to consider using the pen adapter to draw the designs on paper while experimenting so you don't waste vinyl.

Atu Cut is a great program, its draw back for most users in the States is beind based on the metric system. That is one reason I use Corel Draw, a easy work around is to draw a box the correct size of the final item you want ay a 4 inch square logo, draw a 106mm*106mm box then work inside that border.

If you have a spreadsheet program you can quickly make a cheat sheet of metric to english conversions..

Garry

I have Artcut and removed it from my computer. I need a program that is universal so I use Flexi, VM Pro and now Signblazer. Why should I waste my time having to convert measurements? Nothing against Artcut but time is money. I don't like to waste either.

Guest Terry

I design with illustrator, but I swear by Flexi as my cutting software, and I have many others.

I design with illustrator, but I swear by Flexi as my cutting software, and I have many others.

Hey Terry, what Flexi package do you use?

Guest Terry

7.6 but I used pro at my real job and Gerber Omega. Am going to upgrade Flexi to the new pro at home.