kimalbanduscutter

new sc cutter saying hi and have a driver question

Hi all ! great looking forum, I'm new to cutting, but I have used and setup plotters for years.

I just bought a sc 25" cutter and could not get the cutter to cut correctly with the sc 25" driver.I spoke to signcut and they told me it was because I was using the usb printer cable and I had to buy a usb to sreial cable to correct issue. I'v tried this on win7/64bit and vista64bit. New cable - same problem. At certain points, the cutter was not lifting before moving to the next starting point.

No problems with grounding, same error repeated in the same places every time. So I changed the driver to USC MH721 and it cuts fine!

Any Ideas why the correct driver dose not lift when moving from end cut to next start point?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Kim

I attached scans of the cut using the pen, same error when cutting.

post-25516-0-92146000-1340810764.jpgpost-25516-0-71818800-1340810777.jpg

I have heard a lot of complaints about usb connections and a keypad adapter would take care if it . It seems like member slice and dice has said the sc

cutters will operate off the mh721 driver I am not familiar with the sc cutters.

HI

We have the sc631 28" USB can i ask what software you are using for cutting are you using sign blazer?

We are using that and have no problems ..

is there an option for the HF 1202 Liyu (the cs is a liyu machine relabled i believe .. could try that driver

we are new to cutting but those settings work for us

Hope this helps

Howdy and welcome.

My SC 34" is hooked up directly with a serial cable, it's running from WinXP on SIgnBlazer UK version (cracked, no nag screens), LiYu HF1202 driver. This is a working configuration that operates Smooth as Silk.

I couldn't be happier, and the price I paid $370 was a killer deal. Since taking the unit out of the box last month (May 6th) and cutting a variety of different sign jobs with it, I've easily earned $2000 above and beyond my initial outlay for the machine.

In this tough economic marketplace, being the go-to-guy for local people to request signs is a lot of fun, and quite profitable.

post-21408-0-18137500-1341183265.jpg

• Like 1